Albino Buck!!! Guess Again...

Share your photos of trophies and just plain strange deer!
4khorn

Albino Buck!!! Guess Again...

Postby 4khorn » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:43 pm

This may be the strangest thing I have ever seen. But I'm sure it has a logical explanation. I was driving home from work this morning and I noticed a white figure up ahead in the ditch along the highway. As I drove past I saw it was a deer. I couldn't believe it, and albino roadkill !!! I had never seen an albino deer in person. So I turned around and went back for a closer look. I walked up to the deer and noticed something wasn't quite right. It wasn't an albino at all. It was covered in some sort of white powder. I am so confused by this. The powder is only concentrated on the deer, as if someone poured something on it. Can someone please explain this?? I was sort of bummed. I thought I was gonna give the DNR a call and have myself an albino buck in velvet for the wall. How cool would that have been???
Roadkill buckDDH.JPG
Roadkill buckDDH.JPG (113.81 KiB) Viewed 549 times
My pursuit of a buck of a lifetime is much like the Chicago Cubs pursuit of a World Series...the season ends with a "wait til next year"

Luke

bobow

Re: Albino Buck!!! Guess Again...

Postby bobow » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:19 pm

Most likely the white powder is lime. It is used to cut down on the odor
Thomas Jefferson, 1774 July. "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time."

Life Member: NRA, ISRA; Member CCRA

bmstaaf

Re: Albino Buck!!! Guess Again...

Postby bmstaaf » Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:44 pm

That's my guess too I've seen that before..

Return to Photo Corner