New Forum FAQ

If you used our old forum, please read this ...
kellory

Re: New Forum FAQ

Postby kellory » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:10 pm

To the best of my knowledge, no one has been able to add an avitar since the the forum changed. Existing avitars appear to be hold overs from old forum. I could be wrong, but that is what I am hearing.
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Rocky Landsverk

Postby Rocky Landsverk » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:09 pm

All,

we have to fix something (duh!) to make it possible for you to upload your avatars. Sorry for the delay in replying, I wanted to reply with a positive answer but while I wait for the fix, I thought it best to say that now.

You can use a hosted avatar if you have a URL for it. Most people don't know how to do that, nor should you have to learn. we will make it easy to upload an avatar to your profile ASAP.

ps: i am personally boycotting my own avatar until we fix this.
Rocky Landsverk
Online Product Manager
DeerandDeerHunting.com

kellory

Postby kellory » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:51 pm

That is a nice, but useless gesture. Your lack of an avatar, would serve no purpose. Keep it. perhaps you could fix all the images that will not open? When someone asks "do you have any idea what this is?" or "I am looking for one of these" or "would you take a look at this? Or "What is wrong with my form?" It is a bit difficult to assist them if you can not see what they wish for you to see. An avatar is just a ID badge of sorts, and a low priority for me at least. Thank you for your efforts. I like the site. ;)
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Rocky Landsverk

Postby Rocky Landsverk » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:47 pm

here's the avatar-uploading process.

User Control Panel
Edit Avatar
Browse
use 90x90 if your picture is larger than that.

this service will allow you to convert an image if it's way too large.

http://www.coolutils.com/online/image-converter/
Attachments
AVATAR-PROCESS.jpg (148.61 KiB) Viewed 6088 times
Rocky Landsverk
Online Product Manager
DeerandDeerHunting.com

bobow

Postby bobow » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:01 pm

Rocky Landsverk wrote:here's the avatar-uploading process.

User Control Panel
Edit Avatar
Browse
use 90x90 if your picture is larger than that.

this service will allow you to convert an image if it's way too large.

http://www.coolutils.com/online/image-converter/

I am sorry but this is such a joke. I resized a sample picture & still nothing.

What about all the other photos/images in previous posts that don't show up?
Thomas Jefferson, 1774 July. "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time."

Life Member: NRA, ISRA; Member CCRA

Ben Sobieck

Postby Ben Sobieck » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:31 am

Bobow, was your avatar image more than 6 kb in size? The system won't take it if it's larger than that.

We're working to restore as many old images as we can. Please post the URLs of where the missing images are, that would help a lot.

bobow

Postby bobow » Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:47 pm

Ben Sobieck wrote:Bobow, was your avatar image more than 6 kb in size? The system won't take it if it's larger than that.

We're working to restore as many old images as we can. Please post the URLs of where the missing images are, that would help a lot.

I had a couple of pictures I tried that were less than 6kb and less than 90 x 90 pixels that I could not get to work. I got this one to work for now.

Thank you
Thomas Jefferson, 1774 July. "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time."

Life Member: NRA, ISRA; Member CCRA

kellory

Postby kellory » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:08 pm

Ben. would it be possible to add an smiley for SARCASM? bright orange or purple (something not to be confused at a glance) dealer choice really, but something unmistakable? I would appriciate it. Thank you.

kellory

Postby kellory » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:30 pm

reporting spam under this screenname: bbyhele :( and alesebranepasqu

FrankG

Postby FrankG » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:00 am

How do I add an image to my profile or forum? So far every time I attempt "over limit" it would be a typical jpeg image. Help please. Thanks Frank G

PreviousNext

Return to NEW FORUM FAQ