Which ammo for Rem 870 express 12 gauge?

Talk about the best guns and ammunition for deer hunting!
sprcub

RE: Which ammo for Rem 870 express 12 gauge?

Postby sprcub » Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:17 pm

mag30079 wrote ----The partition gold also kick like a mule

boy you arent kidding about that  i used to be able to shoot them off hte bench  oh I probably still can but I bought a led sled   the gun shoots better than I can
man  ice down the shoulder and take some asperin  

Ifishandhunt

RE: Which ammo for Rem 870 express 12 gauge?

Postby Ifishandhunt » Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:30 pm

sprcub - just curious, you mentioned not to use those scope mounts that attach with the trigger pins. What is your reasoning? There is one thing I noticed with my Remington 870 after I mounted the scope that I attributed to coincidence so I am curious if your reason will be for the one thing I noticed. If so, maybe I need to rethink things.

sprcub

Re: Which ammo for Rem 870 express 12 gauge?

Postby sprcub » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:26 pm

guess i havent been here in awhile sorry for not replying well i had one of the mounts that attach thru the trigger pins i found that you could move the scope up and down a long ways and if you tightened up the bolts tight enough that the action had drag it was still so sloppy that I couldnt even hit the target let alone get a group I drilled and tapped my reciever long ago it shoots good now ---rifled barrel trigger job and mounted scope

kellory

Re: Which ammo for Rem 870 express 12 gauge?

Postby kellory » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:57 pm

Yes, I am paying about $3 per round as well for 12ga. sabots. There is no reason why you should have to buy the expensive rounds all the time. The only real difference I know of is the lead sabots leave more in the barrel to clean. I see no real difference in performance, and I would suggest you try one shot sighting. It will save you a lot of ammo. It works just fine, and you already have the lead sled I believe. Aim perfectly at the crosshairs with the gun fixed (sand bagged, or sled) fire 1 shot. resight exactly on the cross hairs again. with the gun sand bagged, or sledded, adjust the scope only, to the bullet hole. All conditions matched, you are on target at that range. Should save you some serious cash. I have the Mossberg 500 Sabot, and I use this method.
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Previous

Return to Guns and Ammo