This hurts!

Describe the most puzzling blood trail you've ever been on.
kellory

Re: This hurts!

Postby kellory » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:41 pm

I had a similar doe that jumped the string and ended up intercepting the arrow with the back of her head! I knew it would kill slowly and by infection, because the razor head failed to fully penetrate! After a very long track over several properties, she passed on to land I could not cross. I know your pain. As a result I now hunt with a crossbow for the .higher poundage and greater penetration. Now a headshot IS a kill shot, and it doesn't damage any meat. I'm glad to see there are hunters who care about doing the right thing
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

kellory

Re: This hurts!

Postby kellory » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:36 pm

The fact that it bothers you to this extreme, and the effort you went to in the attempt to recover, tell me much more about your character than how good your shot was. Be at peace.
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Previous

Return to Blood Trailing