What kind of hunter steals another persons trail camers?????????????

kellory

Re: What kind of hunter steals another persons trail camers

Postby kellory » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:17 am

No promises are needed. Do as you will. I just offered another possible course of action. I wish the cost was within my reach, I would hang a few of them on my property. :)
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

rmontez

Postby rmontez » Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:45 pm

while I was at Gander Mountain the other day I was looking at the pictures that customers had brought in from their reconxy cameras. I wasn't impressed with the night shots with the IR's. They looked the same as any other IR trail camera pictures taken at night. I could never justify paying over $500.00 for one.

kellory

Postby kellory » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:42 pm

I can"t justify buying ANY of them. I pay for all of my hunting and fishing by recycling metals. I am very carefull with those funds. When I do buy one, it will be 5 years old, and cheap, or I will have to pass it by.I am well set up for gear, but cameras and mussleloaders will have to wait.
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Ky Bob

Postby Ky Bob » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:57 am

People with no moral values!! It all starts with the way they were raised at home.

rmontez

Postby rmontez » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:15 am

well no one has claimed or reported the reconyx I found as missing or stolen. The owner has not reported it to reconyx according to the game warden. So I asked when do I get it back? The answer I got was a snicker and watch the warden walk away. I don't think he wants to give it back.

kellory

Postby kellory » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:31 pm

Remind him of his words. I will bet, he wants to use it to catch poachers, and tresspassers, thieves, and donut trucks! ;)

rmontez

Postby rmontez » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:57 pm

lol I was tempted to just let it go and leave it as it was but then I decided to e-mail and inform his supervisor of how I found the camera and know it hasn't been claimed and just asked how long I had to wait to get it back. We'll see what he says.

charlie 01

Postby charlie 01 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:38 pm

Gotta love those game wardens. Don't hold your breath.
never say never
patience is the companion of wisdom

rmontez

Postby rmontez » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:42 am

well apparently after my e-mail to the supervisor the camera was "picked up" all of a sudden. Here is the response I got..

"On Monday or Tue. a guy came to the PD with the paperwork and claimed it. I don't recall his name but he was from Leopolis area and had the serial number and the code to unlock it. It was stolen from private property somewhere on the rez, Beau would know, and the suspects cut the lock box chain the camera was in over a bear bait and removed the SD card without the code which then activated the theft system. That camera was valued at $550.00 so he was happy to get it back ! Thanks"

sounds believable I guess. Glad the guy got his camera back.

kellory

Postby kellory » Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:41 pm

Interesting. What does the theft system do, exactly? noise? tracting transponder? bread crumbs? call home? self distruct? What? And why steal the SD card, but leave a very exspensive camera? Were he/they on camera in commision of a crime? Sounds like the cops have a job to do still. :?

PreviousNext

Return to Scouting Cameras