What type of bow does everyone use

Bowhunting experiences, the best way to tune a bow -- share your knowledge here!
largemouth19

Re: What type of bow does everyone use

Postby largemouth19 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:41 pm

I use the RedHead Kronik Package from the Bass Pro Shops. It comes with everything, TruGlo 3-pin fiber-optic sight, Hostage capture-style rest, and a 4-arrow, 1-piece quiver. I LOVE IT!!! And for the price it was impossible to beat. The only draw back at all is that it wasn't designed to be the absoulte most compact bow ever and I have a hard time in a ground blind. Otherwise it is well worth every penny.

beardsondogs

Postby beardsondogs » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:12 pm

I just got a Martin Exile. I'm a first time hunter and I'm really excited about using this bow.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:14 pm

Mathews Z7 Extreme Lost Camo
27" draw, 70 pounds
Gold Tip Pro Hunter 5575 arrows
100 grain G5 T3 mechanical broadheads
Quality Archery Designs Ultra Rest Hunter rest
Axion Gridlock sight
Axion 4" Silencer Stabilizer
Tru Fire Edge release

heightman

Postby heightman » Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:36 am

I shoot an OLD Bear Black Panther. Purchased this bow as a RTH package in 1988. Easton Gamegetter2 2016 with 125 grain 3blade. this bow is far from fast, but dead on out to 35 yards plus.I figure it's has treated me very well so why retire it? Actually I will retire it soon really think it's time for a change, been looking for a couple months now and just can't decide. And with the season only 3 weeks away it may be to late for this year. But I do have alot of free time in the mornings for practice so I just may purchase. And if I am not confident with the new bow I will just use my old trusty Panther I know where that arrow is going.

jonny5buck

Postby jonny5buck » Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:25 am

@heightman-Im in the same boat ...i will wait till after season and a new bow is on the radar..probably more window shopping- :lol:

I shoot my first compound bow-Golden Eagle-Single cam/65%let off....it has done me well,,had it for a very very long time..the thing about an older bow or having any bow for so long is you become so accustomed to the grip/-weight/..the overall bow..just like a trusty shotgun...all my buddies shot 12 gauge semi-automatics..when we hunted Pheasent.....i always shot a side by side 16gauge...im not bragging but i always out shot both of them...and rarely used the second trigger....thats because my first shotgun was H&R single shot--you made the first shot count -or got nothing!--

kellory

Postby kellory » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:58 am

jonny5buck wrote:@heightman-Im in the same boat ...i will wait till after season and a new bow is on the radar..probably more window shopping- :lol:

I shoot my first compound bow-Golden Eagle-Single cam/65%let off....it has done me well,,had it for a very very long time..the thing about an older bow or having any bow for so long is you become so accustomed to the grip/-weight/..the overall bow..just like a trusty shotgun...all my buddies shot 12 gauge semi-automatics..when we hunted Pheasent.....i always shot a side by side 16gauge...im not bragging but i always out shot both of them...and rarely used the second trigger....thats because my first shotgun was H&R single shot--you made the first shot count -or got nothing!--

I know exactly what you mean. I hunt with an Indian Stalker compound I recieved when I was 16. Tried and true. We know eachother. And my mossberg 3 shot bolt action 12ga. knocks down more birds and at greater range than anyone else in my family of hunters. And that gun is much older than I am. My Dad bought it for my Grandfather with his first paycheck! New,does not mean better!
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

bowneida

Postby bowneida » Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:08 pm

Oneida aeroforce, Monsterbow Dragon, Bear truth2. Favorite..........the Dragon

Tony
If it smells good eat it, if ya cant eat it dont shoot it!!
member of gulfcoastarchery.com
Oneida Aroeforce
" Black Eagle
" 2 Phantoms
" Stealth Eagle
Monsterbows Dragon
and a Truth2

pgchambers

Postby pgchambers » Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:38 pm

kellory wrote:
jonny5buck wrote:@heightman-Im in the same boat ...i will wait till after season and a new bow is on the radar..probably more window shopping- :lol:

I know exactly what you mean. I hunt with an Indian Stalker compound I recieved when I was 16. Tried and true. We know eachother. And my mossberg 3 shot bolt action 12ga. knocks down more birds and at greater range than anyone else in my family of hunters. And that gun is much older than I am. My Dad bought it for my Grandfather with his first paycheck! New,does not mean better!

Still using my Grandpas Winchester, but I did buy my first new bow this year. I bought a used Mathews from a friend when I first started bowhunting, and I had been using it ever since. I went with the Mathews Z7 Xtreme(a WI bow for a WI bowhunter), and I gotta tell you, new doesn't necessarily mean worse either. I do not regret the purchase one bit.
Respect - don't take it, unless you are willing to give it.
Responsibility - don't give it, unless you are willing to take it.

kellory

Postby kellory » Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:22 pm

"

Still using my Grandpas Winchester, but I did buy my first new bow this year. I bought a used Mathews from a friend when I first started bowhunting, and I had been using it ever since. I went with the Mathews Z7 Xtreme(a WI bow for a WI bowhunter), and I gotta tell you, new doesn't necessarily mean worse either. I do not regret the purchase one bit." I'm not suggesting that old is the only way to go. I'm saying A good older piece of equiptment, no matter the type, does not lose any value because a newer, faster version has appeared. A bent stick and a bootlace will get the job done if there is need. The rest is in the archer. If you wish to spend top dollar, go ahead, but you may be overlooking a few gemstones, on that beach of sand. A little work to find them, and you may find some very good stuff for much less. If the quality is there, it doesn't matter much who owned it first. ;)
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

pgchambers

Postby pgchambers » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:55 pm

"If you wish to spend top dollar, go ahead, but you may be overlooking a few gemstones, on that beach of sand. A little work to find them, and you may find some very good stuff for much less. If the quality is there, it doesn't matter much who owned it first."

I didn't need to work. I went in, shot it, loved it, and bought it. For much of my hunting career, I have been very frugile. After shooting the Z7, I decided I was finally going to buy my first new weapon. I fully realize there is great used equipment out there, but the new Mathew's bows are great bows and I'm just as proud of my new Mathews as I am of my old Winchester. I'll likely have them both for the rest of my hunting days.
Respect - don't take it, unless you are willing to give it.
Responsibility - don't give it, unless you are willing to take it.

PreviousNext

Return to Archery and Bowhunting