Discrimination by BASSPro!!!!!??

The latest news from Deer & Deer Hunting magazine!
msbadger

Re: Discrimination by BASSPro!!!!!??

Postby msbadger » Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:20 am

;)
Romans 14:10
Romans 14:13
James 4:11
Luke 6:37

kellory

Postby kellory » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:42 pm

I have read a good number of your posts, ma'am. You have my respect. ;)
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

buckhuntr15

Postby buckhuntr15 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:37 pm

kellory wrote: Try being a white, middleclass male. Every minority has their preferential treatment before you do. That is what quotas do. they lift the unqualified to take the position of a more qualified worker.

Kellory, it seems it got off course. The discrimination issue arose due to a (or some) particular store not hiring minorities - period! & being bold about it. I will repeat: I am Mexican. I don't want preferential treatment. I don't want to be a quota number. I love my wife (herself a hunter), but if a black or "hispanic" is qualified...., hire him/her. I, too, am sorry this "minority/quota/affirmative action" exists..., but maybe if people/corps did not behave like the ones in the article I posted......., there wouldn't be a reason for the same. On the other flip of the coin, it also sickens me when a person sues or cries foul (discriminaiton) when they are not hired because they ARE NOT QUALIFIED! I see it everyday and it just irrates me! I'd be offended if, for the sake of example, a Bass Pro shop hires me just because of my race, etc.

Indeed a difficult issue, but real. Kellory, I respect ur opinion, and msbadger - POWER TO YOU!!! Happy Hunting Season ;)
"Fun, Family, Friends!" I you want to kill something, don't hunt - if you want to hunt, welcome to my world.
- "Don't Quit!" ("lxtagle" in Turkey & Turkey Hunting)

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:01 pm

Hey kell...we told you that badgie was "one of us", and we meant it. She's the real deal, and speaking for myself, I'm happy as hell that she's back with us!

As far as the discrimination crap goes, IMO it's just as wrong to hire someone because they happen to be of a certain race or gender as it is to NOT hire them for those same reasons. And not side sidetrack this thread, but BARAK OBAMA is a PERFECT example of "affirmative action" failing. He was never qualified for the job of President in the first place, and the main reason why he's there is because of his skin color. If he was white, he'd still be a 3rd rate Cook County political hack in Springfield, voting "PRESENT"! And if this makes me a racist, then so be it. You compare this incompetent CLOWN with the likes of Allen West, or Herman Cain...two men of color who KNOW what leadership is...and you soon realize that there's no comparison. End of sermon! :mrgreen:
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

buckhuntr15

Postby buckhuntr15 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:12 pm

WW, wow! you are not a racist.., you just hate Obama, LOL! I agree with you on the affirmative action. But what do you think on the Bass Pro deal?
"Fun, Family, Friends!" I you want to kill something, don't hunt - if you want to hunt, welcome to my world.

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:29 pm

I don't pretend to know all the ins and outs of the BP deal, but allI can say is that as a small business owner for 34 years, if you don't hire THE PEOPLE WHO WILL MAKE YOU THE MOST MONEY, then you are short sighted at best, and eventually a bankrupt moron at worst. Besides, any smart businessman knows that the only color that really matters anyway is GREEN!!!!

And just for the record, I don't hate Obama the man. I don't know him. What I hate is what he stands for, and what he's done/doing to this country. For that matter, I hate all Marxists and Communists, and he's much closer to them than he is to us.
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

buckhuntr15

Postby buckhuntr15 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:01 pm

Woods Walker wrote: Besides, any smart businessman knows that the only color that really matters anyway is GREEN!!!! And just for the record, I don't hate Obama the man. I don't know him. What I hate is what he stands for, and what he's done/doing to this country. For that matter, I hate all Marxists and Communists, and he's much closer to them than he is to us.

Amen to the green part. I need to clear the "hate" thing. I meant his ideals, and what he's brought "to the table". Take care woods.

kellory

Postby kellory » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:48 pm

buckhuntr15 wrote:
kellory wrote: Try being a white, middleclass male. Every minority has their preferential treatment before you do. That is what quotas do. they lift the unqualified to take the position of a more qualified worker.

Kellory, it seems it got off course. The discrimination issue arose due to a (or some) particular store not hiring minorities - period! & being bold about it. I will repeat: I am Mexican. I don't want preferential treatment. I don't want to be a quota number. I love my wife (herself a hunter), but if a black or "hispanic" is qualified...., hire him/her. I, too, am sorry this "minority/quota/affirmative action" exists..., but maybe if people/corps did not behave like the ones in the article I posted......., there wouldn't be a reason for the same. On the other flip of the coin, it also sickens me when a person sues or cries foul (discriminaiton) when they are not hired because they ARE NOT QUALIFIED! I see it everyday and it just irrates me! I'd be offended if, for the sake of example, a Bass Pro shop hires me just because of my race, etc.

Indeed a difficult issue, but real. Kellory, I respect ur opinion, and msbadger - POWER TO YOU!!! Happy Hunting Season ;)

I spent 5 years in California trading lunches with mexicans and learning spanish, I have worked along side them( good people) I have also seen the effects of ilegal immagration up close and personal. and it is distroying California. I have nothing but respect for the hard working people who come to this country legally and follow the rules. (I hope you are one of them) My hunting partner is half Mex Half Italian, but what it all boils down to, is this......I do not care who you pray to, what your skin color is, or wiether or not you require a jock strap when you play sports, it's none of my business., I care that the work gets done by the best qualified. If basspro is breaking the law, I'll let the lawyers figure that one out. That is what the sneaky bastards are for after all. When the dust settles, then I will judge them, when I know all the facts. Until then it's all hearsay. Let the facts speak for themselves. They speak much louder by themselves.......Oh, Woodsy, Obama is a post turtle!
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

kellory

Postby kellory » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:22 pm

msbadger wrote:I think you went a tad far afield...for this had to do with discrimination in regards to color...and yes I started us down this road by stating and giving examples of how discrimination in some areas is across the board...my bad....to the rest of your response....don't jest about the sumu wrestling for when I worked as a bartender then manager of a few night clubs...being a bouncer fell into that category....let me tell you back then I weighed in at a mere 120 and was able to take out a few heavy and highway and dry wallers.to their absolute surprise...I can take a punch but God can't help the one that throws it :twisted: ....never judge a book by it's cover...I grew up in a neighbor hood of all boys...self defense was a way of life until you publicly took one of them out ;) I also grew up in a construction family....raking blk top and stone all summer and running backhoes and bulldozers from the age of 12....
Perhaps it is just the area I live but when I go to the city to a womans clinic every year, I meet woman hunters from all walks of life and ages...many whom live in the city and suburbs
Quotas aren't right in how far they've been abused but men were the ones that caused their existence so many years ago ;)

And not pick a fight with you ma'am, but you are underqualified to be a Sumo Wrestler. You may be a rough and tumble type( one of the best types IMO) but you lack the required girth. I have watched the progress of your shooting house with interest, and unless there is a hidden elevator, there is no opening that woulf allow a Sumo to enter or exit. Therefore, by deductive reasoning, I can beduce that you fail in this requirement, and if you persist in this unreasonable pursuit of a job, of which you are CLEARLY not qualified for.....hmmm, have a good day ma'am! :)

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:29 am

lol.... no no don't worry.....OMG I'm going to regret this almost as much as you guys...but you put this mental pic in my mind

I'm in no hurry to have to go skin to skin with an over weight man in a diaper :shock: ....old age is rushing up on me way too fast as it is ;) ,,,,Hahaha
Romans 14:10
Romans 14:13
James 4:11
Luke 6:37

PreviousNext

Return to Breaking News