2011 Cuddeback Attack IR available.

DeerCamp

Re: 2011 Cuddeback Attack IR available.

Postby DeerCamp » Tue May 31, 2011 10:39 am

I have always liked Cuddebacks pics, and I have last years camera..But it has given me some problems. It would take pics all day and night long, every 1,5, or 20mins depending on what I had it set at, even if there was nothing there. My cuddeback before that started making noise when it would take a pic.. I dont think I would give Cuddeback another try after this..
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

bowwinkles

Postby bowwinkles » Tue May 31, 2011 10:57 am

Five different cameras from different manufactures, of course they would be different. The review on this camera was not very negative and only some items were pointed out. The warranty stickers were not on packages this week end so if that is the new way of notification then there are still some of the packages on the market they missed or was shipped to dealers prior to them making that decision. These reviews seem to just give out the information and it is up to the buyer to make the decision to buy it. I could find nowhere in any of the reviews I went over today to answer this where it was suggested that any of those reviewed cameras was given to make sales and were only to inform. I would not call that a dis service.

motorbreaker

Postby motorbreaker » Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:54 am

My buddy bought one of these cameras a couple days ago. It does say that it has 18 months warrenty
with the online registration.
The attack camera is a bit larger then I thought. Its heavy to. It mounts to the tree a bit differantly
then i'm used to. this is because it has to be taken off the tree to check the card witch is in the back
of the camera. This is not a big deal because of the quick releace mount.
A retard could get this camera to take pictures with its dial a time. Witch is the same as the capture models.
My first overall impression of this camera is good. We took some test pics before putting the camera in the woods.
The attack seems to be sealed very good in all its orfices. Nice o-rings and tight fits.
When taking a night picture the ir emitters com on and go off very quickly compaired to other cameras i've used.
I will post some pictures when I can but it will be a while before i check them.
Jake

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:56 pm

I want to buy this camers. It would be my first.

I only have a Mac computer.

Questions:

Is the Cuddeback compatible with Mac?
Can I just use a flash drive to download photos from the Cuddeback, then download to my Mac?
Do I need separate software to do this?
Or, is the SD card compatible with another digital camera?

Thanks,

Jimbo

rmontez

Postby rmontez » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:07 pm

Jimbo I don't have the attack but I do have other Cuddies and a Mac also. I just swap memory cards from my camera and then take it home and look at in on the Mac. If you are using a SD card you can just pop it in the side. If you are using a compact flash you need to get a reader with a USB connection. The only thing I don't like about viewing pictures on the Mac is I can't figure out how to just scroll through the pictures with the "Next" arrow I have to open each picture individually.

motorbreaker

Postby motorbreaker » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:38 am

Put one of these cameras out in the begining of augest. Checked it last week.
The ir quit working after one week, All pics after that at night were almost completely black.
not one good night pic in over a month. Taking it back.
Jake

Oakarver

Postby Oakarver » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:38 pm

Chasingame is far from "un-biased". Cuddeback has some information on this as well on their website..although they don't mention Chasingame by name.

Take a look at their Camtrakker review. Some of us posted before there was even a review that it would be a hit job..just going by the way those guys were responding to our inquiries as to why the oldest(I think) trail-cam company's cam was never reviewed. Not only do I not believe most of what was pictured/said about the cam...one only has to read it to see they were going to go out of their way to make it a terrible review. Notice they also do not have sections for certain brands in their forum.

There's also someone there(BSK)) that is on the Prostaff of another company..he doesn't disclose that and Chasingame doesn't require him to. Same thing over at QDMA. Him and his buddies had/have no problem getting away with attacking other companies such as Cuddeback and Camtrakker..at both places.

I just posted some pics from my Cuddebacks btw. http://www.deeranddeerhunting.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9218

Previous

Return to Scouting Cameras