trail camera photo

Share your photos of trophies and just plain strange deer!
bowmaniac

trail camera photo

Postby bowmaniac » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:47 pm

set my camera last tuesday and I got this nice buck but as you can see he is traveling at night any sugestion on how to get this deer to come out during shooting hours

charlie 01

Re: trail camera photo

Postby charlie 01 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:20 pm

Would have been nice to see the photo. If you ever get anyone to answer that question, please, please let me know.
never say never
patience is the companion of wisdom

kellory

Postby kellory » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:35 pm

That is a great shot of a polarbear in a snowstorm, I can even see the whites of his eyes! It's hard to tell with the glare and all, but there might be a touch of gray to his head, What do you think? Hmmm? Now, with a buck that's running dark, he will come out in the daylight, when he thinks there is something that he wants that is only there in the daylight. I would suggest one of those scent drippers for a licking branch, if you can find one, or create your own, with a mock scrape, the licking branch, and the scent dripper togeather. If he believes that he has a house guest duing the daytime, he will either want to meet her or fight him depending on his temperment and where the rut stands, and the voices in his head at the time. I don't know what the best scent to drip at this time in your area would be, but someone else is likely to address that issue, and good luck! ;)
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

bowmaniac

Postby bowmaniac » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:39 pm

Sorry I tryed to upload the pictures but it doesnt let me I tink Im doing something wrong. It tells me that the file is to big

kellory

Postby kellory » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:44 pm

No problem, rt click and open the pic with paint, click image, drop down to resize, click. You will see horizontal and vertical set at 100 percent (that is your pic now) delete 100 percent and insert 50 percent, that will shrink your image by half. if it is still to large do it again. increase or decrease the percentage until the pic is the right size. keep the percentage matched on horizontal and vertical and the proportions will stay even. once it is the right size click "save as" and lable it then try to load it, You can also change it form from say a Jpeg to a gif which requires a smaller file. pic may not be quite as clear, but will do. good luck. ;)
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

bowmaniac

Postby bowmaniac » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:25 pm

#2.gif
#2.gif (137.32 KiB) Viewed 950 times
Ok I think I got it let see if you would be able to see them one is a 10 pointer and the second one is an eight pointer they both are nice but right now they are traveling at nite, any advice on how to get a least on bow range at day light. And thank you for the help on how to upload these pic.
abc.gif
abc.gif (134.72 KiB) Viewed 950 times

rmontez

Postby rmontez » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:58 am

very nice, that first one has to be 20". Now the trick is getting them to come in during shooting light! Good Luck post pics when you bag him..

Mastertangler

Postby Mastertangler » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:22 am

Suggestions to make them come during daylight....that's like a secret we'd all like to know. But a few thoughts....
First, don't bait! If they know they can come feed in darkness, why would they want to show up during daylight.
Second, figure out where they are bedding during the day and move closer to that area in hopes of catching them early when they rise, or if they return late in the morning.
Third, make sure your best funnel / rut stand is ready for the week of Halloween and hope they get love struck and move then.

Other than that, you can't change them, they only change when they want to or feel a need to.

ranwin33

Postby ranwin33 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:27 am

bowmaniac wrote:set my camera last tuesday and I got this nice buck but as you can see he is traveling at night any sugestion on how to get this deer to come out during shooting hours

Wait for late October and November to roll around. He will most likely be chasing does and moving in daylight.
“There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace.”
Aldo Leopold

charlie 01

Postby charlie 01 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:43 pm

That 8pt looks like he has some good genes. Very symetrical. It would be nice to let him hang around for a year or two, and see what he is like then.
never say never
patience is the companion of wisdom

Return to Photo Corner