Looking to buy new boots(any recommendations)?

willypete

Looking to buy new boots(any recommendations)?

Postby willypete » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:12 pm

The boots i have now are garbage. They are getting old and they dont keep my feet warm very long. I am looking for recommendations from people.(or boots i should avoid buying)

Im looking for a pair that needs to be good in 2 areas.

#1 Need to keep me warm as long as possible

#2 Waterproof.

So if anyone has some good sugggestions feel free to reply.

JBrownIN

Re: Looking to buy new boots(any recommendations)?

Postby JBrownIN » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:28 pm

I would suggest looking at boots that have Thinsulate insulation and also have a goretex membraine for the water proofing that you need. There are multiple brands and different styles I would suggest going and trying some on be sure to wear the socks you plan on wearing when you will be hunting and make sure they are comfortable to you. No matter how warm or waterproof they wont matter if you cant stand them cause they are uncomfortable to you.

kellory

Postby kellory » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:10 pm

If you buy from GuideGear, they are ok, but make sure to keep reciepts! They do not take returns,(even on LIFETIME WARRENTY products ) without a reciept. Yeah, I know, it makes no sense, if it is lifetime, who cares when you bought it? And if it fails and you are the ONLY scource, who cares which store sold it, you still made it! :?
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

bobow

Postby bobow » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:32 am

Don't buy online if you have outlets near you so you can try them on.

My mistake was not ordering big enough so there is room for air. I thought I did but that is the dilemma ordering online. You take a chance. It took time to figure out I needed more room or I would have returned them right away.

I like rubber boots with Thinsulate and a zipper on the side. I can zip them down while walking in so my feet have a chance to breathe & not sweat too much.
Thomas Jefferson, 1774 July. "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time."

Life Member: NRA, ISRA; Member CCRA

Return to Clothing