Spam - out of control!

Tips and tricks for using this forum
bobow

Spam - out of control!

Postby bobow » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:25 pm

Someone needs to get a handle on the spam real quick. It is out of control today. :o

I sent an email to Ben so we will see how this plays out.
Thomas Jefferson, 1774 July. "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time."

Life Member: NRA, ISRA; Member CCRA

bobow

Re: Spam - out of control!

Postby bobow » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:05 pm

Thanks Ben! You cleaned it up quickly and it was very well done!
Thomas Jefferson, 1774 July. "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time."

jonny5buck

Postby jonny5buck » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:11 am

bobow wrote:Someone needs to get a handle on the spam real quick. It is out of control today. :o

The spam has been out of control ever since the switch to the new format..not sure why???....I just hope they get ahold of it....Bobow you did the right thing by e-mailing Ben....any new members,or old .....the correct protocol is to email Ben....Im not sure if he logs on every morning to sweep up the spam.but he definetely takes care of it quick.....Don't forget to e-mail him and tell him the spammers ''handle'' and if its in ''General Discussions''....''Blood trailing'' etc etc....Nice job on reporting it bobow- :mrgreen: ...

ANYONE can report spam..first day user or 8yr user---lets all make sure it gets reported-JON~

kellory

Postby kellory » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:37 pm

jonny5buck wrote:
bobow wrote:Someone needs to get a handle on the spam real quick. It is out of control today. :o

The spam has been out of control ever since the switch to the new format..not sure why???....I just hope they get ahold of it....Bobow you did the right thing by e-mailing Ben....any new members,or old .....the correct protocol is to email Ben....Im not sure if he logs on every morning to sweep up the spam.but he definetely takes care of it quick.....Don't forget to e-mail him and tell him the spammers ''handle'' and if its in ''General Discussions''....''Blood trailing'' etc etc....Nice job on reporting it bobow- :mrgreen: ...

ANYONE can report spam..first day user or 8yr user---lets all make sure it gets reported-JON~

Thanks! I had no idea who to tell about it. or where to report it.
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

bobow

Postby bobow » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:38 am

I have been sending the link to the page along with the name of the sender. He has been great getting on it right away.

I too wonder why the new forum so much. I do hope they figure out how this is happening and can control it better.

Bukmastr

Postby Bukmastr » Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:47 am

This sucks... Its getting hard to navigate around the site cause of all the spam. Can't the spammers be banned, and the moderators delete the spam?
Dan Infalt
Big buck serial killer
http://www.huntingbeast.com

jonny5buck

Postby jonny5buck » Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:48 pm

AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!--- again?????...My guess is ''dresses dresses is not a hunter.... :lol:

Ben Sobieck

Postby Ben Sobieck » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:13 am

Here's an update: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=25781

Return to Forum rules and help