Discrimination by BASSPro!!!!!??

The latest news from Deer & Deer Hunting magazine!
Sailfish

Re: Discrimination by BASSPro!!!!!??

Postby Sailfish » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:24 am

Woods Walker wrote: if you don't hire THE PEOPLE WHO WILL MAKE YOU THE MOST MONEY

That's pretty much the best way to put it.

YOU are taking all the risks. YOU are putting up your money, your name and your life. YOU hire what YOU need to thrive and have a successful business. If YOU hire xyz because someone tells you you have to, and your business fails.........is that someone going to fork over the cash you lost and give you a new start-up business???

Just offhand, how many straight (or gay for that matter) men do you see working at Victoria's Secret?
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:18 am

how many have ever applied?...lol ;)
Romans 14:10
Romans 14:13
James 4:11
Luke 6:37

pgchambers

Postby pgchambers » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:02 am

"Just offhand, how many straight (or gay for that matter) men do you see working at Victoria's Secret?"

I happen to think I look great in their underwear, but... oh wait, wrong thread, never mind. :oops:
Respect - don't take it, unless you are willing to give it.
Responsibility - don't give it, unless you are willing to take it.

kellory

Postby kellory » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:02 pm

Sailfish wrote:
Woods Walker wrote: if you don't hire THE PEOPLE WHO WILL MAKE YOU THE MOST MONEY

That's pretty much the best way to put it.

YOU are taking all the risks. YOU are putting up your money, your name and your life. YOU hire what YOU need to thrive and have a successful business. If YOU hire xyz because someone tells you you have to, and your business fails.........is that someone going to fork over the cash you lost and give you a new start-up business???

Just offhand, how many straight (or gay for that matter) men do you see working at Victoria's Secret?

No Sumos neither. :shock:
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

blchandler1981@yahoo.com

Postby blchandler1981@yahoo.com » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:37 am

I'm an African American, love to deer and bird hunt. Besides the political aspect of it, racism will always exists until the end of time. I get discriminated against big time not in the sense of trying to get a job, but just being a minority hunter. Everytime I go into a outfitting store to Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas City, etc.. I get eye balled down and hardly can find any help and when I do its normally without any effort. I've been shot at and cussed at and even my tires slashed while hunting. And all these incidents I had proper permission too and alwaysdo. Lets face it, these kind of ppl are just ignorant and its going to be every where thru out our society even BP. A lot owners are not going to think about "who ever makes me the most money", its just the way they are period. But it makes more since to hire the person who would make you the most money regardless of race.

PS: there are tons of ppl that are not racist and become great friends once they give you the CHANCE to hold a conversation about hunting or even an interview.

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:48 pm

blchandler1981@yahoo.com wrote:. I've been shot at and cussed at and even my tires slashed while hunting..

Black, white or other................thats messed up right there. SHOT at!!!???!?!?!??!

kellory

Postby kellory » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:38 pm

"
PS: there are tons of ppl that are not racist and become great friends once they give you the CHANCE to hold a conversation about hunting or even an interview." ABSOLUTELY! I could talk hunting with anyone who will listen (ask anyone who will listen!) It is a large part of who I am, And I will eyeball anyone who puts hunters or hunting down, and state for the record" I am a Hunter, and proud of it." I am sorry to hear of the jerks you have had to put up with, that is messed up, and not right. But could you please ezplain why I would want to hear a blackman's music from three blocks away, with my windows up, and overtop of my music? or why I would ever want to see your underwear or buttcrack in public? Why is it assumed, if I do not like your behavior, then I must be a raciest? If I don't hire you because there is a better qualified applicant, is it really because, in some dim past, some one owned your great great grandfather? Do you really believe that white men invented slavery? None of these things should intrude into the pleasure that I have in hunting, nor should it intrude into yours, but it does. Some one slashed your tires, and that was a low thing to do. There is no one on this site that would approve of that( or being shot at, of course, I have been shot at as well, just about makes you want fill your shorts, I know. ) But everyday I am assualted by your music, and your lack of the training required to opperate a belt. I am forced to relive the fact that slavery happened, everyday as someone claims that what ever the problem, that it must be about color. Everyother people that come to this country work hard to become AMERICANS, I know many Mexicans who look down on the ilegals, because they cheated the system, and they jumped the line. But Blacks in general do their best to stand apart. That is contrary to what this country is about. That big lady on the island is not a waitress, with the daily specials, "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free." Is inclusive. Everyone is welcome here, But this nation within a nation is devisive. It does not help this country, or the attitudes of any race. It is more like two gangs on a territorial border, each saying "you don't belong over here" I try very hard not to lash out when I am assualted with that high volume noise, but I now have a small hearing loss because of the noise level! You wonder why people get roadrage? That is assault! It is not a cultural thing, It is abuse of everyone around you! I guess my point is this...It is not about race, it is about respect. You have no respect for me and mine, so why should I respect you and yours? Respect is earned. As a hunter, I am all ears(what I have left) , as a white man, I have heard enough thank you very much. :x
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

blchandler1981@yahoo.com

Postby blchandler1981@yahoo.com » Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:20 pm

I didnt even read all of your response "Kellory". Especially when you started to stereotype ppl. All races has there outkast.. For your information I was speaking of plain ignorance regardless of race and the things I dealt with and real issues that exist. Do you think I pull up to my hunting property banging 12" subs expecting to get a deer into bow range???? Stop stereotyping, I'm a college grad and love to hunt and my kids are a 1/4 white but look Mexican. I can careless about race, all I care about is the right intentions. You went into left field, so i didnt even bother reading the rest. As a man that doesnt care about race regardless of blk and white, I have heard enough thank you very much. ;)

kellory

Postby kellory » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:37 pm

blchandler1981@yahoo.com wrote:I didnt even read all of your response "Kellory". Especially when you started to sterotype ppl. All races has there outkast.. For your information I was speaking of plain ignorance regardless of race and the things I dealt with and real issues that exist. Do you think I pull up to my hunting property banging 12" subs expecting to get a deer into bow range???? Stop sterotyping, I'm a college grad and love to hunt and my kids are a 1/4 white but look Mexican. I can careless about race, all I care about is the right intentions. You went into left field, so i didnt even bother reading the rest. As a man that doesnt care about race regardless of blk and white, I have heard enough thank you very much. ;)

You are right, you did not read it through. I hunt with a half Mex half Italian, my daughter as dating a nice half black half white boy and so far I approve. Stereotyping is what I was talking about! I can't go a day, without a black man or woman bring up race, as an excuse, or a club. Daily reminders that they used to be slaves and we owe you. I am sick of hearing about race being an issue at all! It does not matter! What does matter, is the fact that blacks want to be a group apart, AND beat us up with history at the same time. Another man I hunt with I am now related to by marriage, he is from Iran. He will NEVER go back to that life. He loves this country! I have friends and coworkers who are from many skin colors and nations, and it is only American born blacks that that act this way in public. I knew you would assume me a racist because I object to public misbehavior Typical of Blacks. I protect my hearing on the job, with ear plugs and ear cover when working on loud areas or on loud equipment. And I now have a 10 db loss in my left ear and a 8db loss in my right, because I can not drive home with hearing protection in place, nor should I have to. I didn't go into left field, I left the stadium and went home and my ears are still ringing! Blacks from Gianna (spelling?) don't act this way. I know my neighbors don't. neither do the Mexicans down the street, or the Asians half a block down. I have very good neighbors. And they spend a lot of time at my house. But Home grown blacks are a breed apart by their own design and actions. A high percentage of public behaviors are obnoxious! Every third word is the N word, But if a white man were stupid enough to repeat it, it would be cause for a beating, or death. I am NOT implying that you behave in this manner, in city or in the woods, But a very large percentage of young and middle aged blacks both male and female DO! I can't take my family to a public park for a picnic without some idiot pulling in with the base thumping and the birds taking flight! I AM saying this is one reason racism does not go away. This kind of behavior fans the flames! As a hunter, I welcome you with open arms and an open mind, Share the wilderness and enjoy it as I do. Embrace a better piece of our shared heritage, and let the wrongs of the past go, But as a neighbor on this dirtball, Leave my damn ears alone!

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:08 am

Oh, speaking of which, Bass Pro right now has free shipping on your entire order, no minimum purchase, all you need is one item be a clothing purchase.

Here is the code:

FSHC1011

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/store ... Oct2011_HM

PreviousNext

Return to Breaking News