Heated Scent Dispensers...

Dan Salmon

Heated Scent Dispensers...

Postby Dan Salmon » Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:35 pm

How many of you use scent attractants for Whitetail hunting? Of those of you that do, have any of you used the Tinks Hot Bombs or the Code Blue heated dispensers? If so, what were your results? Are they worth it?

wi_hunter

Re: Heated Scent Dispensers...

Postby wi_hunter » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:16 pm

I have used a lot of different scents and all sorts of brands. The one I have had the most success with is tinks 69 (the original). I tried the scent bombs but haven't had any success with them. For the money I would stick with the original stuff. I have had bucks lick the cotton ball I put it on. Also I have had better results with cotton balls then the scent wicks. Not sure why hut I have. Hope this helps you out a little.
Patience is the key to success.

kellory

Postby kellory » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:27 pm

Dan Salmon wrote:How many of you use scent attractants for Whitetail hunting? Of those of you that do, have any of you used the Tinks Hot Bombs or the Code Blue heated dispensers? If so, what were your results? Are they worth it?

I intend to try something a little different. Those Jon-e hand warmers that have been sitting on the shelf unused for a couple of years now are going to provide the heat for a magnetic mechanis parts bowl about 5 inches accross. The heaters will be nested in styro or foam for insulation and the bowl on top to seal them in, I will put scent in the bowl and let it simmer awhile. ;) Any suggestions for the best scent to use?
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Sopchoppy

Postby Sopchoppy » Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:27 am

When skeeter season is over, you can use your Thermacell as a heated scent dispenser. Keep the skeeter pads when they turn white and put your scent on it. If you live in Florida, Louisana, South Georgia or Alabama, skeeter season is NEVER over.

Return to Wisconsin