2012 KY, Fall, Commission Bull Elk Tag up for grabs!

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
Oletrapper

2012 KY, Fall, Commission Bull Elk Tag up for grabs!

Postby Oletrapper » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:11 am

We realize that this is primarily a forum designed for Deer and Deer Hunters but hope there may be a few Elk hunters here as well. We would also like to thank Ben Sobieck for allowing this post. Permission was asked of Ben and was granted. Wish us luck in our fundraising efforts.

Hi everyone,
We are proud to announce that the Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources Commission has awarded its second Bull Elk Tag to our N. KY. Chapter #481 Quail Unlimited. This tag is for the 2012 Fall Season and again is good in any zone for any legal weapon.

Our QU Chapter is going to raffle this tag as we did with the first one earlier this year. The only thing required is a resident or non-resident hunting license if you should win.

All elk permit fees, ($30.00 resident) and ($365.00 non-resident) have been waived.

Tickets are being sold now and all proceeds will be used to further our conservation projects.

There will be only 200 tickets sold and they are $100.00 per ticket.

You can email or PM me if interested and I will send the information on how to obtain a ticket. thekysportsman@hughes.net

Also, go to QU's website (http://www.qu.org) for verification if you would like. We did that so people would know that this is a legitimate project. More information is there and it is currently the 3RD item down on QU's home page.

Drawing will be held at Elk Creek Sporting Clays in Owenton, KY. April 28, 2012 at 5:00pm. Each entrant will be notified by mail of the name, city and state of the winner. The winner will be notified by registered mail.

If you participate in our 2012 fundraiser prior to December 31, 2011, that donation may be deducted on your 2011 tax filing. QU is a 501-C-3 non-profit organization.

Good hunting to all.

Yours in conservation, Robert Smith, N. Ky. Chapter #481 Quail Unlimited, aka Oletrapper
thekysportsman@hughes.net
Last edited by Oletrapper on Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Life Member: NRA,UTK,FTA,LKS,NWF
Annual Sponsor: QU,DU,NWTF

Oletrapper

Re: 2012 KY, Fall, Commission Bull Elk Tag up for grabs!

Postby Oletrapper » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:12 am

Many thanks to Deer & Deer Hunting.com, Over the weekend we received 6 requests for information. We are almost half way to our goal. We could not do this without the help of forums such as this one. Thank you.

Yours in conservation, Robert Smith, N. Ky. Chapter #481 Quail Unlimited

Oletrapper

Been getting lots of questions. But that's okay!

Postby Oletrapper » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:59 am

Hi everyone,

I have been getting a lot of questions about our Commission Bull Elk Tag; how much land (public) there is to hunt in Kentucky and what are my chances of a successful hunt. Hope the below will answer some of the questions.

The Commission Bull Elk tag is good in any zone, which means, "In Zone or "Out of Zone". It is good in any EHU. It is good for any legal weapon during that weapons portion of the season. The only thing required is a non-resident hunting license. All elk permit fees ($365.00 non-resident) have been waived by KDFWR.

The 16-county elk restoration zone is 4.1 million acres, and is divided into 10 Elk Hunting Units, including sub-units, with a total of 576,994 acres open to public hunting. The EHUs have been established to manage the elk herd, spread out hunting pressure, and provide hunters with a high chance of success. There were 800 tags issued in the 2010 season and there was an 80% success rate. 800 tags were also issued for the 2011 season but success numbers have not been posted yet.

If you should have further questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Oletrapper

Re: A great video.

Postby Oletrapper » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:17 pm

This is a great video. Kentucky Elk--A Success Story. Enjoy.

http://elkmtngear.com/blog/kentucky-elk ... story.html

I would like to thank Deer & Deer Hunting.com and those who have helped make our fundraiser a great success. If you have been thinking about participating, please hurry. There are still tickets available. What a great idea for a stocking stuffer.

Oletrapper

Re:So much to be thankful for. Happy Thanksgiving.

Postby Oletrapper » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:47 am

I would like to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving. We here in Kentucky have lots to be thankful for. Many thanks to those who have helped our QU Chapter make our Bull Elk Tag raffle a great success. To all the states which helped make our herd what it is today. Over 12,000 and growing. We have come a long way since 1997. Many thanks to all.

PS: There are still tickets available but you need to hurry. Please email me to reserve.

Oletrapper

Christmas is just 26 days away!

Postby Oletrapper » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:42 pm

With that in mind.

What a great idea for a stocking stuffer. We still have some tickets available for our 2012 season, Commission Bull Elk Tag raffle. All proceeds from this conservation fundraiser go right back into our conservation efforts and your entry is tax deductible. QU is a IRS 501-C-3 organization. Many thanks to Deer and Deer Hunting.com and all those who have supported our efforts to date.

Please email me to reserve a ticket before they are all gone.

Life Member,NRA,UTK,FTA,LKS,NWF
Annual Sponsor,QU,DU,NWTF

Oletrapper

Re: A great big THANK YOU!

Postby Oletrapper » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:19 am

We would like to take this opportunity to thank all that have helped us make our fundraiser a great success. Especially Deer and Deer Hunting.com! To date there have been 3 entries as a result of our post on this site. If not for the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation and to many others to mention in this post, we would not have the herd we enjoy today.

We still have a few tickets available if anyone is interested.

We want to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and a great New Year.

Oletrapper

Re: Ho Ho Ho

Postby Oletrapper » Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:38 pm

Merry Christmas everyone. Have a safe and Happy New Year.

Oletrapper

Re: One more year.

Postby Oletrapper » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:44 am

Well, the holidays have come and gone and we have one more year under our belts. Time to get back to work. I hope that 2012 is everyone's best year ever.

Our Commission Bull Elk Tag fundraiser is doing well and it looks like we will meet our goal of selling all 200 tickets. All of the proceeds go right back into conservation.

We have tickets still available if you are interested. Just send me a PM or email and I will get full information to you.

Many thanks to DeerandDeerHunting.com. We could not do what we do without sites such as this one.

Oletrapper

Re: Many thanks to Deer & Deer Hunting!

Postby Oletrapper » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:07 am

And thanks to everyone who has helped us with our Quail Unlimited fundraiser. Best of luck in the drawing to all.

We will be suspending ticket sales on February 20th. We have less than 20 tickets still available. You can still participate but you need to hurry. Thanks again.

Next

Return to Off Topic