Discrimination by BASSPro!!!!!??

The latest news from Deer & Deer Hunting magazine!
blchandler1981@yahoo.com

Re: Discrimination by BASSPro!!!!!??

Postby blchandler1981@yahoo.com » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:37 am

If you know your stereotyping, why do it? Is it fair to the ppl who live life on the right track and conduct themselves in professional manner? Did I even bring up my ancestors being slaves? Nope you jumped to conclusions. My ancestors being slaves has nothing to do with the ppl in this modern age, you wasnt a slave owner so why would I be mad. And just cause you hunt with a minority or your daughter dates one that doesnt throw you out of the loop from not being racist. You cant control who your daughter dates or who ever married an Iranian. And who assumed you as being racist in first place? I didnt, but you got pretty offended. Your not to far of meeting the criteria from always automatically judging ppl. I dont go judging anyone say for instance if theres a meth case on the news im not going to assume there white just because majority of users are white, some blks use it also. I dont go around saying I have a sinus infection cause the poor white ppl bought all the sudaffed off the counter. How STUPID does that sound in comparison to your ear lost comment. All the ignorant things our ethnicity do all comes from just not being educated.. Not cause there blk. And its not just young blks that sub speakers in there car, all races have kids that have subs in there car and I bet majority of them are white across Amercia. Its just a generational thing, the youth these days like loud music no matter what race (not all tho). I dont prefer it cause I build planes for a living and its loud as hell in the plants, so hearing loss is common. I have kids, so it makes no sense for me. When I was in college "Yes I had subs" but its just generational thing. And with so many ppl being agaisnt hunting and firearms, race should be the last thing we discuss. I cant believe you said this "it is only American born blacks that that act this way in public", I'm an American born blk, do I act this way?? No... I have a family, I'm a hard middle class working AMERICAN, and last of all I pay my taxes to support this country. And if I want to play my music as loud as I want so be it, (which I dont). America=freedom, so get over it.

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:00 pm

:shock: :shock: ...

Love ya sailfish ;)
Romans 14:10
Romans 14:13
James 4:11
Luke 6:37

pgchambers

Postby pgchambers » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:46 pm

"I dont go around saying I have a sinus infection cause the poor white ppl bought all the sudaffed off the counter."

OK, that's just plain funny!

True story,
About fifteen years ago I was at a bar in Houston, TX, and my buddy and I were the only two white people in the place. The bartender said he recognized us from the last time we were there, but we had never been there before, so I jokingly said "I suppose we all look alike to you". The place got pretty quiet until the bartender started laughing. Said I was one funny mother f'er. Had he not shared/seen the humor, things may not have turned out so well. I only share the story, because I think humor is one path to start overcoming the nonsense. We just need more people to share/see the humor.

By the way, some of my Hispanic-American friends in Houston are the most outspoken critics of "illegal" immigration that I know. Not wanting someone else to get a free pass on things we work hard for does not know race or skin color. Wanting a fair shake is not the same as wanting a free pass, but it is often a convenient out to say someone asking for fair treatment is looking for a free pass.
Respect - don't take it, unless you are willing to give it.
Responsibility - don't give it, unless you are willing to take it.

kellory

Postby kellory » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:36 pm

blchandler1981, one question, and this is important. Have you, or anyone you personally know ever shot a farmer's cow, horse, pig, or sheep? for fun or by accident? I will bet dollars to donuts you just said "hell no!" But the fact of the matter is that maybe one out of 10,000 will. And that is why farmers have blankets for their stock with 3 foot high orange letters, HORSE,COW, PIG,SHEEP. This is also why farmers have closed their lands to hunters, or sold out leases to corporations, who are bonded, and insured for the damages. It is also why farmers have protested Sunday hunting. The one safe day to move their stock outdors. Thousands and thousands of hunters will take to the woods and the fields this year, and will do nothing wrong, draw no notice, make no headlines. But one or two might. They will be remembered, there will be speeches made, legal actions filed, headlines. for those who represent us hunters whether we like it or not. They are our "bad apples," and thankfully, they are very few, but the are what people remember. We can not really choose who will represent us. That is chosen by those on the outside looking at us. We are all represented by the good and the bad. We can all choose to what we will do, but we can not control what others thinks of us.That is prejudice. acting on prejudice is discrimination.Yet even that deer in the woods is stereotyping you, "is this thing dangerous or harmless?" "Can I eat it"|?" Stereotyping in and of itself is not harmful, it's grouping things together to better understand the whole. It has no good or bad, it just a tool of understanding. Now truth to tell, I did not say all American born blacks act like this,did I? I said 'I am NOT implying that you behave in this manner, in city or in the woods, But a very large percentage of young and middle aged blacks both male and female DO! I can't take my family to a public park for a picnic without some idiot pulling in with the base thumping and the birds taking flight! I AM saying this is one reason racism does not go away. This kind of behavior fans the flames!" We both have "bad apples" we can not control We have skin heads, and you have gang bangers, and whether we choose it or not we are represented by them, as well as the heroes we CHOOSE to represent us. A couple of your bad apples shot and killed a coworker of mine a couple of weeks ago,( I can get you the obit if necessary) His offense was he was home when they shot through the walls of the wrong house. Vitals. He is gone, and like it or not , they represent you. "You cant control who your daughter dates" Well, if I can't control who my minor daughter dates, then I have failed as a parent. As to the ears and the car noise, I follow safety procedures for noisy locations, I have and use good hearing protection, My hearing loss is documented, and the loss is higher on the left(driver's side. I drive 2-5 hours per day, The only time my hearing is at risk is driving. The range (freq.) of hearing loss is consistent with standing in front of speaker at a rock concert. and only at that range of sound. i was tested by professionals under controlled conditions. It is not a guess, they determined the cause, and the reason for uneven loss. Not me....."All the ignorant things our ethnicity do all comes from just not being educated.. " Bull, that is a crutch. My kids attend a lottery school that is aprox. %95 black. with a few Asians. That is just an excuse. Education is available to all who wish to learn. If they choose to be a thug, that is a personal failing. Not discrimination, There are whites who love loud stereos, true. You find them at parties, and car shows, and racetracks. they are not blasting me out of my car in traffic, or a gas station with the doors and window wide open while fueling, serenading the neighborhood. Could whites do this? SURE! But they don't. It is illegal, if it can be heard outside the vehicle with the windows closed. Look it up. If I ask them to turn it down, they turn it UP! IT HURTS! It is rude, it is harmful, it is offensive. The Bad Apples" represent you, like it or not. And your bad apples are causing and sustaining the very prejudice, you wish to go away. You are doing it to yourselves.
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:23 pm

OMG...what are you on? Whites don't play there stereos loud? ....lol...we live way out in the country and everyone around us is one shade of wht. or another and I knew which kid...INCLUDING my own was coming up the hill from 3/4 of a mile away just by the sound system....my son managed the stereo install at Circuit city while going to college and some of the biggest systems he installed were white boys....Are you really dragging out every person of every color you've ever met to prove your not racist? Hell we are all racist in one form or another...just to different extents...all it takes is one bad experience to set the tone...to install a fear ...a gut reaction to the color you see that was the same as the offender...human nature
Don't confuse racism with prejudiced...they are totally different...me I'm pretty equal on my prejudices.....I have a profound dislike for dumb white ppl as much as ones of any other color....a twit is a twit across the board...all uppity woman are disliked by me the same or or Great white hunters...well they don't need to be wht for me to find them to be Jack asses....
The point is we all have axes to grind but we really ought to have the brains ...respect and self control to grind them in are basements where the sparks can singe only our dumb asses....get the point? :roll:

kellory

Postby kellory » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:10 pm

msbadger, I am defending my position on discrimination. I have been, and am subjected to painfully high levels of noise from local blacks only, If whites do it, they don't do it to me. I have never yet been blasted like this from any other group of any kind. If I launched my complaint, and slunk away without addressing rebuttal, then I would not being showing the strength of my convictions. It is the behavior that I have a problem with, and the attitude that it is my problem, cause they can do whatever they want, no matter what the law says. Only one type of person goes out of their way to abuse me, so it creates a bias. You kick a dog long enough it ether cringes or bites.If that makes me a knuckle dragger in your eyes, then so be it. I will not roll over and play dead, nor slink out of the way. I also grew up rough and tumble. same as you, And I back down only when I have good reason. Personally, I am sick of this subject, but I will defend the truth, as I see it. I believe this type of behavior causes the very prejudice that we try to avoid. And prejudice acted upon is discrimination.
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:15 am

I never called you anything..I asked questions ...but what comes to mind reading this....and I bet a dollar to a doughnut ppl have said the same reading my trespassing posts...and problems I've dealt with concerning them..." ya reap what you sow "
The other thing that.... Holy Moly.... takes me back years and what I drummed into my children...for I appreciated the fact I had teachers that drummed it into me..."Try to remember this word before parting your lips"

Definitions of tact (n)
tact [ takt ] Audio player

ability to avoid giving offense: skill in situations in which other people's feelings have to be considered
discretion: an intuitive sense of what is right or appropriate

Synonyms: diplomacy, discretion, sensitivity, delicacy, thoughtfulness, consideration, perception, insight, discernment, skill, dexterity, subtlety, judgment, care, politeness

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:58 am

msbadger wrote:Definitions of tact (n)

I'd like to add another one if I may:

par-uh-graf, -grahf

No offense K and b, but gosh your posts are tough to read! :D

But def very interesting posts!!
I do like the fact we have a forum where individuals can express their thoughts and feelings on a subject without attacking and name calling and then move on. Constructive is the word.
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

kellory

Postby kellory » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:51 pm

blchandler1981@yahoo.com wrote:If you know your stereotyping, why do it? Is it fair to the ppl who live life on the right track and conduct themselves in professional manner? Did I even bring up my ancestors being slaves? Nope you jumped to conclusions. My ancestors being slaves has nothing to do with the ppl in this modern age, you wasnt a slave owner so why would I be mad. And just cause you hunt with a minority or your daughter dates one that doesnt throw you out of the loop from not being racist. You cant control who your daughter dates or who ever married an Iranian. And who assumed you as being racist in first place? I didnt, but you got pretty offended. Your not to far of meeting the criteria from always automatically judging ppl. I dont go judging anyone say for instance if theres a meth case on the news im not going to assume there white just because majority of users are white, some blks use it also. I dont go around saying I have a sinus infection cause the poor white ppl bought all the sudaffed off the counter. How STUPID does that sound in comparison to your ear lost comment. All the ignorant things our ethnicity do all comes from just not being educated.. Not cause there blk. And its not just young blks that sub speakers in there car, all races have kids that have subs in there car and I bet majority of them are white across Amercia. Its just a generational thing, the youth these days like loud music no matter what race (not all tho). I dont prefer it cause I build planes for a living and its loud as hell in the plants, so hearing loss is common. I have kids, so it makes no sense for me. When I was in college "Yes I had subs" but its just generational thing. And with so many ppl being agaisnt hunting and firearms, race should be the last thing we discuss. I cant believe you said this "it is only American born blacks that that act this way in public", I'm an American born blk, do I act this way?? No... I have a family, I'm a hard middle class working AMERICAN, and last of all I pay my taxes to support this country. And if I want to play my music as loud as I want so be it, (which I dont). America=freedom, so get over it.

You are right, i did get offended quickly, If I saw a blackman stealing a car at gunpoint, and said something about it, the first thing I have to do is defend myself from being called a racist or a hater! If I notice a black doing wrong, then my motive is called into question, before anything else. I am tired of it. You just made my point even better than I could. " And if I want to play my music as loud as I want so be it, (which I dont). America=freedom, so get over it" Congratulations! You just admitted you will break a law for your pleasure, that you will choose which laws apply to you, and I don't like it too bad I will do it anyways. That is no different than what a poacher does! He breaks a law because it pleases him, or he just doesn't care. There is no sliding scale for which law I will obey. OR YOU! You have by your own words entered the ranks of "bad apple" (the rules do not apply to me) Now, who will your children's role model be? Who represents YOU!?!
Last edited by kellory on Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kellory

Postby kellory » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:00 pm

Sailfish wrote:
msbadger wrote:Definitions of tact (n)

I'd like to add another one if I may:

par-uh-graf, -grahf

No offense K and b, but gosh your posts are tough to read! :D

But def very interesting posts!!
I do like the fact we have a forum where individuals can express their thoughts and feelings on a subject without attacking and name calling and then move on. Constructive is the word.

My apologies, but I write it as it flows from my mind. I do not plan it out or check my sentence structure. I have been told I should have gone into teaching, but the subject would not have been English or Writing.

PreviousNext

Return to Breaking News