2011 Deer Season

TJR

2011 Deer Season

Postby TJR » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:45 am

I figured I would get the thread started for this year...

I hope your seasons are going well. I have personally been SKUNKED and havent seen a deer in 8 hunts...
My Brother SCORED last night! A perfect october doe. This is his first year bow hunting, and thus his first bow kill. He struck with a perfect heart shot and had no trouble finding her as she only made it about 30 yards before it was all over. She dressed out a little below 100lbs and I am SUPER PROUD of him for such an awesome hunt.
Kevin_Doe - Copy.gif
Kevin_Doe - Copy.gif (148.14 KiB) Viewed 1613 times

On a side note, We use the Rage 2-Blade (2") expandables...HOLY CRAP! Not only did this deer not know what hit her, but she never stood a chance. The wound was massive, and extremely devastating when we opened her up. Her heart took the brunt of the blades which made it a no-doubt recovery. As grisley as that sounds, it is nice to know that a well-placed shot in combination with that technology is extremely lethal.

Good Luck to all, and keep us posted on your seasons!

TJR

scotman

Re: 2011 Deer Season

Postby scotman » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:11 pm

Nice shot, heart shot deer really get up and go don't they? I shot a doe directly through the heart a few years ago and could not believe how fast she bolted and expired. Was really happy about that harvest. Congrats to your brother!
"The deerskin rug on our study floor, the buck's head over the fireplace, what are these after all but the keys which have unlocked enchanted doors, and granted us not only health and vigor, but a fresh and fairer vision of existence" -Paul. Brandreth

kellory

Postby kellory » Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:52 pm

well done.
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

bobow

Postby bobow » Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:40 pm

Nice job TJR! Congrats on a great harvest! :) :)
Thomas Jefferson, 1774 July. "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time."

Life Member: NRA, ISRA; Member CCRA

vt_archer

Postby vt_archer » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:45 pm

Congrats to your brother!

Got skunked myself.. ah well, there's always rifle season, right? :)

Return to Vermont