Discrimination by BASSPro!!!!!??

The latest news from Deer & Deer Hunting magazine!
blchandler1981@yahoo.com

Re: Discrimination by BASSPro!!!!!??

Postby blchandler1981@yahoo.com » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:10 am

Oh lord Kellory, lets just end the bs. How did I break the law? I guess you don't understand sarcasm. Sorry if my posts are hard read, I just typed on emotion and failed to proof read. I think I made my point, but in all honesty Kellory I dont think your racist and bet your good guy. I just wish ppl could stop stereotyping each other and give everyone a chance no matter what race. Even after having this discussing with you, I probably still could be your friend. Good luck on the season..

Deebz

Postby Deebz » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:28 am

Hey kell,

after reading this thread, a question came to my mind. First of all, I think both of you (kell and blchambers) are making some decent points, or at the very least I can see where you're coming from.

But kell, I wonder what kind of area you live in? I come from a very rural area with a very small population of African Americans, or other minority groups for that matter. Could it be that you just happen to be in an area with more people, and it's not necessarily an ethnic thing with the loud music and attitudes but more a cultural thing for your area? During my college years, there were MANY cars that would go past bumping loud systems, and from what I remember it was about a 50/50 bet on the color of the driver. Even less, actually, when you throw in the large population of Asian and Latino people who also listened to loud music. If a person were to live near a college town, could they develop a prejudice against college kids? I think you'd find the answer to be yes, regardless of color. I myself have a hard time accepting somebody at face value if I find out that they take pride in having been a "frat boy"...

so what's my point?? Are your negative feelings towards black people in general, or just people who disrupt your daily pursuit of happiness (who just happen to be black based on the population of the area you live in)?
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." ~Fred Bear

kellory

Postby kellory » Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:28 pm

blchandler1981@yahoo.com wrote:Oh lord Kellory, lets just end the bs. How did I break the law? I guess you don't understand sarcasm. Sorry if my posts are hard read, I just typed on emotion and failed to proof read. I think I made my point, but in all honesty Kellory I dont think your racist and bet your good guy. I just wish ppl could stop stereotyping each other and give everyone a chance no matter what race. Even after having this discussing with you, I probably still could be your friend. Good luck on the season..

I dont think your racist and bet your good guy. I just wish ppl could stop stereotyping each other and give everyone a chance no matter what race. Even after having this discussing with you, I probably still could be your friend. Good luck on the season..[/quote]
I have asked for a smiley for sarcasm, and was told none were available. Perhaps we could use GEEK for sarcasm? or a poll question as to which to use? I did not say you had broken any law. But you said you were willing to set aside a law for your pleasure. And to heck with anybody else. This law is just as valid as laws on tinted windows, speed limits, car seats for infants, This law varies from place to place, but here the rule is, if it can be heard outside a closed car, it is too loud. This is because you can not hear sirens, nor can anyone else around you. Nor can you hear brakes, horns, screams, or trains. Neither can anyone else. Not only have you pissed off everyone around you with your self importance, but you have put their lives at risk for your amusement. Besides that, It is damn rude. This attitude that it only matters if you get caught, is the same with poaching. "Yes, but with poaching, they are stealing from us all" What has been stolen from me can never be returned, even if the guilty are punished. The cost to me is not very large yet, but very dear. Sound is a weapon, it has been used by the military in Desert Storm, where they bombarded the enemy with rock and roll, to unnerve, and disrupt, and deafen, and the sound levels we are talking about now are not much lower, and in the hands of armatures. I have never been blasted like this by anyone besides a black, and if i ask them to turn it down, I am called a hater, a racist, ignored, or the noise is turned up. Don't misunderstand me, I have no gripe with blacks in general. I am bothered by the sub-set that want to act like thugs. Those to whom the rules just don't apply. If you are willing to take your pleasure at the expense of mine, then you are a thug. Your rights end when they conflict with mine, same as mine do when they conflict with yours. This business of showing your butt in public I find disrespectful and rude, but I can deal with it as ignorance (for it surely isn't style) For all I know, it could be your best feature. ;) I said as a hunter, I welcome you with open arms and a open mind,and I meant it. But when people want to behave like animals, I will see them in cages, no matter what color they are. Understand, I will not tolerate being abused, and we will get along just fine. Yes, I bite. :)
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

kellory

Postby kellory » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:23 pm

Deebz wrote:Hey kell,

after reading this thread, a question came to my mind. First of all, I think both of you (kell and blchambers) are making some decent points, or at the very least I can see where you're coming from.

But kell, I wonder what kind of area you live in? I come from a very rural area with a very small population of African Americans, or other minority groups for that matter. Could it be that you just happen to be in an area with more people, and it's not necessarily an ethnic thing with the loud music and attitudes but more a cultural thing for your area? During my college years, there were MANY cars that would go past bumping loud systems, and from what I remember it was about a 50/50 bet on the color of the driver. Even less, actually, when you throw in the large population of Asian and Latino people who also listened to loud music. If a person were to live near a college town, could they develop a prejudice against college kids? I think you'd find the answer to be yes, regardless of color. I myself have a hard time accepting somebody at face value if I find out that they take pride in having been a "frat boy"...

so what's my point?? Are your negative feelings towards black people in general, or just people who disrupt your daily pursuit of happiness (who just happen to be black based on the population of the area you live in)?

If you can ask this question, then I have failed to express myself clearly. It has never been about color, but attitude and actions. "I am sick of hearing about race being an issue at all! It does not matter! What does matter, is the fact that blacks want to be a group apart, AND beat us up with history at the same time.I have friends and coworkers who are from many skin colors and nations, and it is only American born blacks that that act this way in public. I knew you would assume me a racist because I object to public misbehavior Typical of Blacks." As a teacher you most likely know that "ALL squares are rectangles, but All rectangles are not squares. Only ONE rectangle is a square." We are talking about only the group within a group. Those who choose to be thugs. Yes, to the college question, people who live near campuses often complain of the trash, noise, smells, and the odd car parked on their porch, from time to time. ANY group that chooses to take their pleasure from the distress of others is a group of thugs, and yes lots of frat boys were thugs, some with IQ's in the triple digits. And if frat boys made it a point to blast me like this, or potato cannons, or paintball guns, or any of that crap I would be just as pissed about it. That IS THE POINT! Race is not the issue! A group is pissing me off daily, by what they do, and why they do it. They do it because they don't care, and they wouldn't get caught. they continue, because if you call them on it, they can claim it is a race thing (which makes them the victim) and you the bad guy. I am sick of this attitude. and this defense. It is a lie that must be disproved every time you open your mouth. Most people let the behavior go, just so they can avoid the accusations in return.
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

kellory

Postby kellory » Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:52 am

Now do you understand why I say that blacks are causing the very prejudice, that leads to discrimination? Just like that one idiot that shoots the farmer's stock, it reflects badly on the whole. We have all seen the reactions from the farmers. And that is the reaction from one idiot in what, 10,000 hunters that know better? Now magnify that effect by the number of "bad apples" milling in the middle of the road like cattle, and even less likely to move for cars. or screaming obscenities from one end of the road to the other, as they meet and greet each other with the "N" word. (a serious double standard) , as well as the behavior that has cost me part of my hearing? These people are the irritant that cause the bias that becomes prejudice, prejudice against the whole, because of the actions of the few. Just like that idiot hunter, these are the ones remembered. When prejudice is acted upon, (like at B/P) you have discrimination. Class dismissed. ;)

jonny5buck

Postby jonny5buck » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:22 am

Guys this post has gotten way of base...it WAS about Bass pro hiring practices....Kellory i think you have said plenty-

Maybe they can burn this thread with the ''ethics'' one from the nugent---please bury this one away- :mrgreen:

kellory

Postby kellory » Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:26 am

To every action there is always opposed an equal reaction.
Isaac Newton
I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people.
Isaac Newton
I am willing to bury the hatchet. i hate this subject, but I could not have remained silent . :(

dmcianfa

Postby dmcianfa » Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:15 pm

Hmm. Interesting
"I enjoy and become completely immersed in the challenge and the increased opportunity to become for a time a part of nature. Deer hunting is a classical exercise in freedom. It�s a return to fundamentals that I distinctly feel are basic and right"-F.B.

Ben Sobieck

Postby Ben Sobieck » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:08 pm

Closing this thread.

Previous

Return to Breaking News