Pop-Up Blinds???

arodgers21

Pop-Up Blinds???

Postby arodgers21 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:35 pm

I am looking to purchase a pop-up blind.  Curious though, since they are so warm especially for bow hunting in Texas, does anyone ever have trouble w/ critters getting in, (i.e. snakes, scorpions, etc.)?  I also am curious do people that own pop up blinds use them year round or seasonally. I am curious if people are starting to swing toward the pop up blind due to versatility rather than a fixed permanent stand that is where it is?  Any response or insight would be greatly appreciated, and will definetley help me make a good decision.  Last question, which pop-up would you personally recommend?

kellory

Re: Pop-Up Blinds???

Postby kellory » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:13 pm

I have a couple of pop ups the simple dog house has no floor, sets up very easily, and they are cheap (40-50) the ameristep reverible is my main blind not real cheap but large enough for two guys easily, full floor, two camo patterns (I have the mobu/ shaddowgrass) which means more adaptable, . very nice blind. sets up easily and quietly, And I do not leave either out very long. If I was to leave one long term, it would be the cheaper one. They are easy to steal. I use a cable and padlock to a tree for a couple of days use on public lands. On private lands with restricted access, I would be happier leaving set up, but I would still lock it off to a tree. I would suggest you mark any gear that you intend to leave on site anywhere. I would also check e-bay for blinds, they have quite alot of them. One pic has a current Manard's ad flyer. Very cheap pop up. I would leave one of these without worring adout it.
Attachments
Current Manard's ad flyer.jpg
Current Manard's ad flyer.jpg (53.81 KiB) Viewed 1971 times
AMERISTEP reversible.jpg
AMERISTEP reversible.jpg (10.88 KiB) Viewed 1971 times
dog house tangle.jpg
dog house tangle.jpg (7.79 KiB) Viewed 1971 times
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

spike slayer

Re: Pop-Up Blinds???

Postby spike slayer » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:32 pm

me personaly do not care to much for a pop ups i own 2 one dog house style my wife hates it she is very closterfobic and the other is a more roomy 2 man...after one season of using them i found it alot more e-z to build your own set it up to your liking may or may not be cheeper if you go all the way with it but i found a homemade to be more versital for bow hunting and check out youtube may get some good ideas on some nice set ups that have worked well for others...ps with a pop up i have to use a little kids chair to just be low enuff to shoot/see converbley and me bein 6foot 2 it hell on the legs and knees after a hour or 2...sound advice!!

Return to Texas