Indiana Rut happening yet

JBrownIN

Indiana Rut happening yet

Postby JBrownIN » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:17 pm

Just wanted to see if anyone in Indiana has been seeing any signs that the rut has started or will be starting soon. Personally I havent seen much movement in my areas lately just wondering if everyone else is experiencing the same thing. I am hoping that the rut will be here soon can't wait for the action.

hoosierhunter1400

Re: Indiana Rut happening yet

Postby hoosierhunter1400 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:40 pm

I seen a couple of small bucks bumping does Sunday. The does did not want to have anything to do with bucks. The bucks were from a spike to a small six pointer. If the bucks got closer than 10 yds the does ran about 40 yards . This happened 3 different times Sunday morning. I did not see a deer Saturday from the same stand. It has to be getting really close. Good Luck. It will get better this weekend after this front goes through mid week and stays cool. I am ready.

djohns13

Postby djohns13 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:55 am

Not seeing anything yet in Central Indiana. Very little roadkill also. I am not sure how great this weekend will be around here, but the next weekend will be awesome.
Darren Johnson
Internet Pro Staff Member - Indiana

Glad to talk to all of you, but I'd rather be sitting in a tree stand on a cool morning trying not to move so that the bruiser buck directly below me doesn't figure out that I am watching him!

JBrownIN

Postby JBrownIN » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:52 pm

Yeah I live in central Indiana and hunt about 2 hours north and always notice as the rut gets going crazy there are more and more road kills on the way there. And I'm not sure about this weekend either but I'll still be in the woods just in case and to give myself a chance.

JBrownIN

Postby JBrownIN » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:21 am

Has anybody been seeing anything yet?? I'm still wondering what everyone is seeing, I am starting to see some little bucks chasing but the big ones still haven't seemed to be out looking

Wanderer

Postby Wanderer » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:44 pm

I had a large bodied buck running a doe around my cornfield about 7:10 this morning. It was still pretty dark but I could make out his main beams out beyond his ears. I couldn't really see his tines well. About a half hour later there were two yearlings sparring out in the center of the field. It dropped into the 30's today and there were snow flurries coming down about an hour ago. It's starting to look like November now.

Return to Indiana