Attack on my Attack

Jimbo

Attack on my Attack

Postby Jimbo » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:55 am

Went to pull my card on my Cuddy Attack IR this weekend.

Camera was ripped off the tree, strap still on the tree. Camera was lying on it's back, the face of it scratched and chewed up. Took the card home.

Black bear attack. The card was full, with hundreds of images of the sky and treetops. The bear video is kind of cool as he ripped the camera off the tree.

Hoping cuddy replaces the camera for me.

Oakarver

Re: Attack on my Attack

Postby Oakarver » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:06 pm

Can you upload it to Youtube or Vimeo or ?

I doubt they'll replace the camera. I've read of some getting insurance for their cams though

kellory

Postby kellory » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:20 pm

Did the bear climb the tree, or would it help to raise the camera, and tip it down to cover the area?
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:15 am

Oakarver wrote:Can you upload it to Youtube or Vimeo or ?

I doubt they'll replace the camera. I've read of some getting insurance for their cams though

I will look into uploading to YouTube. Will post the link if I do.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:15 am

tom14cat14 wrote:Have you thought about using a lock box for your camera?

I hunt private land where it's just my brother and me, so don't want to mess with a lock box.

Of course, if this happens again I probably will.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:17 am

kellory wrote:Did the bear climb the tree, or would it help to raise the camera, and tip it down to cover the area?

The bear got behind the tree and pulled down on it. The broke the plastic bracket the strap threads through; the strap is still tight to the tree.

The bear looks to be a 2 year old boar. Not real big. We have tons of bears in our area, so it's not surprising this happened.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:28 am

Here are YouTube links. The first one is when the bear tears to camera off the tree. The second is once the camera is on the ground.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aK0QYiwfjbU

http://youtu.be/4TDaS67-x0s

rmontez

Postby rmontez » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:28 am

every spot I have set up for deer this year have been hit by bear. I have had cameras knocked off the tree but nothing broken yet.

jdbell91

Postby jdbell91 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:06 pm

Good videos. I recommed the security box and cable lock to protect your investments. I had a camera stolen on private land. It was locked with a cable lock. Now I plan to hang them 8 to 10 feet up and point them down.

Good luck!
Semper Fi,

Joe

gregd548

Postby gregd548 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:08 pm

Just curious as to why you think Cuddy would replace the camera? I don't see where they had anything to do with the camera being ripped off by a bear, and most bears I've seen could break most any camera that was light enough for one person to carry in the woods.

Next

Return to Scouting Cameras