freak hunting accident

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
bckklr

freak hunting accident

Postby bckklr » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:51 am

here on the local news in l,burg tn we had a man drop his gun out of his tree stand while coyote hunting & his gun went off & it shot him thru the back killing him officers found him after his wife called when he never came home i think you can read the story @ wdxe.com (local news) it is in lawrenceburg ,tn he was 52 & a musician from brentwood,tn
adapt & overcome

hoosierhuntercustomcalls.com

DeerCamp

RE: freak hunting accident

Postby DeerCamp » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:23 am

Thats sad anytime anything like this happens. Sadly this happens all the time every hunting season. I wish that they'd come up with a safety system to stop a gun from falling. I just bought a hunter safety system. They are really nice, and they have a few pockets too. I know they are a little expensive but they are worth the price. I really wish this stuff would be cheaper, maybe there'd be less accidents. That ways people could afford them.
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

otwitw

Postby otwitw » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:36 am

wow thats crazy

howhill1

Postby howhill1 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:10 pm

truly sad. was he climbing with the gun i wonder?
"please join the N.R.A. as well as your state rifle association! these are critical times for ALL gun owners. Be informed, be active and stay vigilant"

otwitw

Postby otwitw » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:17 pm

I guess you just dont climb with a loaded gun, but still thats awful
->>>----------->

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:19 am

There is also a little gadget on guns called a "SAFETY" . A lot of folks dont use it but when their gun goes off , they usually say they had the safety on and it buts have snagged on something . People have a difficult time admitting to their own stupidity !
I feel sympathy for the above mentioned family !

Return to General Discussions