arrow rests ????

Bowhunting experiences, the best way to tune a bow -- share your knowledge here!
passin through

RE: arrow rests ????

Postby passin through » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:09 pm

I went from Muzzy to the Rage and won't go back.  Bunches of reasons but with my set up accuracy and blood trails being paramount.  They aint a magic wand but the get the job done good for me.Nobody mentioned the ripcord arrow rest but thats what we all shoot here and like it much better than the WB or the rest i had  before (a dropzone)
FYI on that wieght forward deal... I shoot the regular maxima's with a 6 inch wrap on the nock end.  Mainly any kind of wrap will negate wieght forward aspect of the hunter arrows  (thats what gives them wieght forward in the first place is the camo wrap to the front)

schlupis

Postby schlupis » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:36 pm

You cant go wrong with the Rage heads very accurate and simpy devestating on impact I used to hate mechanicals until the Rage now I dont know if I will shoot fixed blades again except for in the states that dont allow mechanical.......   go ahead bro make the switch from the Muzzy come over to the other side..LoL

Good luck.

RNC

Postby RNC » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:34 am

I have been using the Whisker Biscuit for several years now and cant see switching. I just dont trust a fall away rest for the same reason I cant use mechanical broadheads. Moving parts fail. It maybe a very small chance of that happening but there is already enough stuff that can go worng while bowhunting so way add anymore possible problems?

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:29 am

i use the prong style ,today i finally wrapped all metal surfaces with moleskin,wow what a difference its super quiet and i can bang the arrows against the riser and not hear it
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

Previous

Return to Archery and Bowhunting