tree stand?

Have you ever fallen? Share your story ... it might save someone else's life!
vambo991

RE: tree stand?

Postby vambo991 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:09 pm

don't get cheap with something like your stands... get a summit.

FlDeerman

Postby FlDeerman » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:47 pm

I'm one of the old hunters,I like my "Old Man".Light and easy to get up a tree with.

hunting GA

Postby hunting GA » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:40 am

I have been a fan of summit stands for a while now. you can find a good stand used only a few times if you start asking around or you could look on e-bay or craigslist.com for one. just dont get one that was left in the woods for a season they will get water in them and it will freeze causing the platform to crack sometimes

Beegle

Postby Beegle » Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:44 pm

After I bought my Lone Wolf my summit went in the trash. We are talking about deer hunting not sitting in a recliner out in the woods. Summits are bulky carrying into the woods while the Lone Wolf is stealthy. I can get in and out of my tree and packing my Lone Wolf away with a deer 50 yards away and it didn't not notice me. If I was you I would spend my money on a Lone Wolf because it will pay off in the long run. If you want an easy and quick stand all you have to do is put a strap around a tree and put the stand in the hook and ratchet the bottom to the tree and your done. LONE WOLF best hands down.

nhbohuntr

Postby nhbohuntr » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:38 pm

Summit's are very comfortable and easy to carry  in. I hunt in deep muture hardwoods, up & down mountains with little effort, not as light  as the Lone Wolf's but I will endure two extra pounds for the comfort to stay in stand all day. I never had a problem or complained of the summit stands Quick, Easy, Safe and Comfortable. Lone Wolf's are nice for short hunts or for someone like me who has a hard time staying in stand for long periods of time without being comfortable.

RNC

Postby RNC » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:08 am

The four folks in my group have all switched over to the Summit Viper. Its rock solid and very comfortable.

wannabehuntin

Postby wannabehuntin » Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:49 am

I tried out a buddies Treewalker, and ordered one from them next day.  Much like an Ol' Man, but 100% better.  Comfortable, light, easy setup, won't slip and I mean it won't slip.  Cost is a little more, but well worth it.  You will probably have a hard time finding them unless you go online.  They are a small Mom & Pop type manufacturer, and do as much business as they want to it would seem as I talked to the owner by chance.  Very nice guy who takes alot of pride in his stands, and in the fact that they are 100% American made.  Take a look  www.treewalkertreestands.com

Jason Hahn, MS

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:51 pm

actually saw those at a sports show this winter they are nice but the screws they use will damage the trees and thats a nono in state land where i hunt ,otherwise nice stands
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

howhill1

Postby howhill1 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:48 am

ive been usin an old loggy bayou for about the last ten years and love it. the whole thing wieghs about 14lbs. big factor believe me. the only ones available today with the same features and packabilty seems to be the summits. as the above boards indicate. that seems to be the way to go.
"please join the N.R.A. as well as your state rifle association! these are critical times for ALL gun owners. Be informed, be active and stay vigilant"

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:06 am

howard is that the style with a big comfy seat the fold forward and uses a bar and strap as the top part of the climber?I picked one up last year used.loggy bayou little tricky to use 
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

PreviousNext

Return to Tree Stands