old huntin movies

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
bckklr

old huntin movies

Postby bckklr » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:10 am

found an old box in the top of my closet labeled old huntin movies dug it out & it had some old alan altizer movies & old jim neighbor movies boy were the bucks small compared to todays movie/shows does anybody know what happened to those guys they used to be my favorites growin up & what about that old elusive camo that jimneighbors used to push all the time do they still exist (just wonderin)
adapt & overcome

hoosierhuntercustomcalls.com

howhill1

RE: old huntin movies

Postby howhill1 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:00 pm

wasn't alan alitzer the guy who did alot of ground hunts and stalks? i seem to remeber one called whitetail eye to eye  or somthimng like that, actually pretty good films. ive got some oldies myself. the original monster bucks video, and old archery how to that almost seem prehistoric by todays standards, as well as few others. i like to watch em every now and again for a chuckle.
"please join the N.R.A. as well as your state rifle association! these are critical times for ALL gun owners. Be informed, be active and stay vigilant"

bckklr

Postby bckklr » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:07 am

yep thats him i think i might have that one he does a stalk in the snow like 400 yards barefooted so he wont make any noise & jim neighbors was from south bama always talkin bout how the morning air made his bowels move
adapt & overcome

howhill1

Postby howhill1 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:05 pm

i may have had a turkey huntin movie with him ( neighbors) that had walter peyton in it. yea i remeber that stalk wast it near an area where thhey were loggin. i seem to remember a bulldozer or somthing being there
"please join the N.R.A. as well as your state rifle association! these are critical times for ALL gun owners. Be informed, be active and stay vigilant"

bckklr

Postby bckklr » Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:10 am

gee i think thats correct it seems like i remember that also i tell you what ill look 4 it in my collection & see if i can find it if i can ill watch it a time or two & then maybe mail it to you so you can get a chuckle also, you know it was totaly different back then ,im sure i have it someplace & i have about 8 neighbors flicks most are turks but a few deer you know there was a guy always with jim in his movies named steve webber he was my hero when i was young aint that humorous
adapt & overcome

howhill1

Postby howhill1 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:36 am

back then thats all we had.its kinda like my first "speed bow" a brownig mag reflex shootin a whoppin 220 fps. that was smokin back then. i remember the ranch owner in that turkey film. this gentleman had probably never had his picture taken let alone been on video.

Legnip

Postby Legnip » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:09 am

My favorite old time video is of the late great Fred Bear in Alaska. Talk about awe inspiring. He took a grizzly from the ground and with his old recurve. I've wanted to try it ever since.
From those who much is given, much is expected

bckklr

Postby bckklr » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:36 am

fred was the man
adapt & overcome

howhill1

Postby howhill1 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:52 pm

howard hill in tembo or his many movie shorts

Return to General Discussions