Where would you buy property?

Your place to discuss ways the habitats for deer can be improved!
Bob Olsen

RE: Where would you buy property?

Postby Bob Olsen » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:39 pm

I hav two properties in Pike County, Illinois. If I were you I would buy my 80 acre farm that is in C.R.P. There is really no pressure until the 4 day gun season when a guy and his son hunt until they fill their tags. I do not think they hunt the December gun hunt. Crops to the North and East, cattle pasture to the West along with some hunting acreage to the SouthWest and crop land in back of a house and bedding area to the South. The C.R.P. contract expires after next year and should get at least $150.00 per acre for a total of about $6,000.00 per year, maybe more if you share-crop. Plenty of Turkey and Quail and oh yeah... Big Bucks!!!

bullwinkle

Re: Where would you buy property?

Postby bullwinkle » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:15 pm

200-500 acres in SW Shawano/NW Waupaca County in Wisconsin. The place is exploding with big bucks and has perfect deer blend of hardwoods, swamps and farm fields. It is also close to civilization and a lot closer to Lambeau field than Buffalo County. Great trout streams in the area as well. All my discretionary money will go into land around this area the rest of my life

voodoochile

Postby voodoochile » Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:08 pm

well it wouldnt be in Illinois ................... aint no big buks in illinois no more .............. cougars et em all !!! .............. teehee

KCguy

Postby KCguy » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:39 pm

Since we are being goofy and going for broke (money was no object). I want Alaska, not just part of it, the whole dern-nabbit state...lol

kellory

Postby kellory » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:42 pm

KCguy wrote:Since we are being goofy and going for broke (money was no object). I want Alaska, not just part of it, the whole dern-nabbit state...lol

X10! I'm with you! The place would pay for itself as well! :)
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:36 pm

Right now, I wouldn't buy ANYTHING. Our economy is in a state of chaos, and what was hard line truth as far as property values go even 3 years ago is out the window. What may seem like a real steal now may turn out to be very much over valued in 3 to 5 years. We haven't seen the bottom of it yet either......... :(
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

kellory

Postby kellory » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:44 pm

Woodsey, Alaska would be a good buy anyways. Between the oil, the gold, the hunting,and the tourism. Plenty of land as well.
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:46 pm

"Good buy" for who? We are on the brink of another Great Depression. Nothing is what it seems.
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

kellory

Postby kellory » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:54 pm

kellory wrote:
KCguy wrote:Since we are being goofy and going for broke (money was no object). I want Alaska, not just part of it, the whole dern-nabbit state...lol

X10! I'm with you! The place would pay for itself as well! :)

Woodsey, IF money was NO OBJECT. But of the places that could be bought, Alaske has many resources, and stands a better chance of making money than losing money. Besides, property values don't matter unless you are looking to sell, borrow against, or for tax reasons. If you have money to spend, now is a great time to buy land. costs are down, value is down, so taxes are down. The land is the same nomatter what. If the values rise, great. but if it drops it still doesn't matter, unless you want to sell.

Previous

Return to Natural Habitat Enhancements