2011 PA Season

mhouck06

Re: 2011 PA Season

Postby mhouck06 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:44 pm

good luck to you guys for the final week!! lets see you drop some nice ones! im happy this thread was so active this season!

bmstaaf

Postby bmstaaf » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:53 pm

Well I was able to make it out Friday and today...my buddy that owns a big farm called me and said let's go out at my place. I entered my climber in an area that I have had a lot of success in the past, an escape route...the wind was straight north, I hate that wind for this stand..its wierd because in the top of the hill it was straight out of the west, once it hits the hills in the woods it goes south...well at 510 o had two does cone bt the yards away, I could tell they were being harrassed all day one die actually had her tounge hanging out (never seen that before on a doe only bucks) so I figured heck yea she's hot..about 10 mins later a 4 point walked out where they ran and about 20 minutes after that a small 7...I decided to let the 7 grow...right before dark let's say 620 I had three bucks meet about 75 yards out, I couldn't tell size wize but I'm betting two of the three were shooters..they never came in close ebough for a good view/shot but that was exciting...this morning I went to the same stand entered at 615 got settled and heard a buck grunt to the east of me, heard two more to the west, but they all headed north to south and never saw them....I didn't see one dee5 on the 245 degree morning which leads me to believe they are still in a lag...didn't hunt pm because a wedding but will hit it hard this week...

bmstaaf

Postby bmstaaf » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:57 am

Been hunting like crazy this week. This is the week I decided to take off (way to warm)...so far no success I have seen numerous bucks, very little doe? Had a big 7 point 75 yards out of course it was the day I didn't use a drag rope...we have a few days left so goodluck on that last minute harvest!

Everyday Hunter

Postby Everyday Hunter » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:34 pm

Very slow in NW PA. I'm seeing deer on my trail cameras, but not much in the daytime. Unfortunately, tomorrow is the last day for archery.

Steve.
When the Everyday Hunter isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

bmstaaf

Postby bmstaaf » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:03 am

Yea, it seems to me the last few years have been like this due to warm weather...I posted in the other column about the bad luck...I have been seeing deer like clockwork from 8-9 and that's it....the season ends today for me, I don't think I will be throwing lead this year, but will see...

mhouck06

Postby mhouck06 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:13 am

Sorry to hear about a slow end to the season! my pa tag has yet to be filled. I spent the last week of pa's season in ohio then continued on to indiana. Shot bucks in both states, so it was a great trip! Anyone make it out for bear season today? I may head out monday.. I dont know if I will make it out for the first day of rifle or not, but I still have two doe tags and my buck tag to fill. So im planning on getting out some during rifle.

mhouck06

Postby mhouck06 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:22 am

bmstaaf, did you ever find your dad's buck? its been a rough season around home for guys hitting bucks and not finding them.. 5 guys so far.. including the friend I posted about.. Had my own in Ohio... still sick over it, hit the shoulder... no explantion on how I pulled that one... Searched for two days... nada. Ended up filling my tag later in the week, but still doesnt make me feel much better about hitting that one and not recovering it.

Swamplife or Tex, did you guys fill your PA tags?

mhouck06

Postby mhouck06 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:23 pm

Rifle season opens monday!! Good luck to all you guys heading out, I work sunday night and monday night, but i hope to be able to get out for a couple hours in the morning. ill have wed, thurs and fri off, so im content with that.

mhouck06

Postby mhouck06 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:52 am

good luck and safe hunting to all the PA hunters headed out for rifle season today!

bmstaaf

Postby bmstaaf » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:35 am

Never found it...Dang..: I am going to take a second and let off steam...who the heck walks 70 yards from you an hour after shooting light and kicks out ten deer right under you....an idiot in my hunting party..the deer continue to cross the road along with 4 more...so 14k deer off the property gone after the first 2 hours of the pa season..

PreviousNext

Return to Pennsylvania