Illinois nonresident deer hunting

BUCKSLAYER62

RE: Illinois nonresident deer hunting

Postby BUCKSLAYER62 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:42 am

Thanks to all of you who offered imput and advise. I must clear something up though. I am not after a set of antlers that score over 130 just for the antlers. It is the challange of outsmarting a mature whitetail deer that drives me. I can buy antlers on ebay. I hunted many many days in Illinois the past season. and let no less than 25 two and a half year old bucks walk right by. They are a abmirable goal for many bow hunters. I respect each hunters choice. I have just set my gaol a little higher. I find the difficultly of outwitting a 3 year old or better to be very rewarding when it finally happens. The fact is that a hunter can not kill a 3 year old deer if it is not there. I was just looking for feedback as to where the hunting pressure, cover, food, etc might be the most favorable to the area actualy holding a 3 year old or two.

Deebz

Re: Illinois nonresident deer hunting

Postby Deebz » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:31 pm

so how'd it go? were you successful?
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." ~Fred Bear

Previous

Return to Illinois