Can I expect to see my new friend anytime soon?

Bowhunting experiences, the best way to tune a bow -- share your knowledge here!
Jeronimo08

Can I expect to see my new friend anytime soon?

Postby Jeronimo08 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:33 pm

Here's the senario....I made this mock scrape last week right next to two semi-fresh rubs (on two small trees). I checked it on Sunday, Nov. 6th in the afternoon and found no activity. I cleaned off the leaves and then pee'd all in it. When I got down out of the stand this morning (Tuesday Nov. 8th), this is what I found. 7 or 8 hoof prints and a brand new rub just to the right of the scrape. Twenty yards from this is another rub that also wasn't there on Sunday and it's on an almost 3" diameter tree. I think I have someone's attention alright. Cant wait for tomorrow morning but I wonder what are my chances of seeing my new friend any time soon?

Woods Walker

Re: Can I expect to see my new friend anytime soon?

Postby Woods Walker » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:38 pm

Well I can't give a percentage of how likely it is that you will see him, but I certainly can tell you if you stay home.....ZERO!

It's November. Prime time. When you aren't sleeping or working, you need to be in the woods. That alone will increase your odds immensely!

They are, where they're at, when they're there. So you need to be where they may be, so that when they get there so are you! ;)
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

Jeronimo08

Postby Jeronimo08 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:03 pm

I'm with you on that as I'm in the woods every chance I have. I (very stupidly) scheduled a vacation to St. John which starts this Saturday. I obviously didn't plan that out right. Since the rut was late last year, I thought it might come a little early this year and I would be tagged out by now. Well, it's coming down to crunch time with only 2 more mornings and all of Friday to hunt before I'm gone for 8 days. At least these new signs give me some hope.

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:52 pm

A vacation? During prime time? YIKES! Sounds like there's a woman involved..... :lol:

I can't think of any other reason why any die hard deer hunter would want to be anywhere else!
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

Return to Archery and Bowhunting