Day 1 - Patriot Jr.'s first hunt ever

Share your photos of trophies and just plain strange deer!
Patriot

Day 1 - Patriot Jr.'s first hunt ever

Postby Patriot » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:05 pm

No deer spotted on MN gun opener (Nov 5), but this was a day I'll never forget....Patriot Jr's first ever hunt!
Attachments
101_1570.JPG
101_1570.JPG (85.6 KiB) Viewed 452 times
101_1572.JPG
101_1572.JPG (75.4 KiB) Viewed 452 times
Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

bmstaaf

Re: Day 1 - Patriot Jr.'s first hunt ever

Postby bmstaaf » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:10 pm

That's awesome, my old man got me addicted...time flies before you know it he will be in his own tree! An excellent hunter as well, I was always thankful to have a good teacher, its what kept me in the game!

bobow

Postby bobow » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:45 pm

Way Cool! It is great you are able to spend the time with your son.
Thomas Jefferson, 1774 July. "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time."

Life Member: NRA, ISRA; Member CCRA

kellory

Postby kellory » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:09 pm

Patriot wrote:No deer spotted on MN gun opener (Nov 5), but this was a day I'll never forget....Patriot Jr's first ever hunt!

Patriot Jr., welcome to the ranks! Stick with it, and it will be an addiction your whole life. Listen well, your father has a lot to teach you. Good luck to you both! :D
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

MSHunter

Postby MSHunter » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:03 pm

Nice photos Patriot. Hopefully he had a great time.

I took my 11 year old this past Saturday for the first day of youth gun season. He got off a couple of shots a two does, but missed them both. It was a really exciting few minutes though. He's asked me every day since if I'm going hunting in the afternoon after he's home from school.
"This is the world we are born into -- we should never let that slip away from us. May it never cease to stimulate, inspire and humble us." from Stalking & Still-Hunting: The Ground Hunter's Bible by G. Fred Asbell

Deebz

Postby Deebz » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:40 pm

That's awesome! I was actually able to be sitting on the the ground with my wife when she shot her first deer ever this past weekend. I think I was more stoked about that than killing my second (and biggest) buck the day before!
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." ~Fred Bear

Return to Photo Corner