IL Poachers got bagged

bobow

IL Poachers got bagged

Postby bobow » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:14 am

Thomas Jefferson, 1774 July. "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time."

Life Member: NRA, ISRA; Member CCRA

jonny5buck

Re: IL Poachers got bagged

Postby jonny5buck » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:57 am

Clicked on the link...all i can say is wow!...seems all but one are related....guess poachers of a feather flock together...

Cpo's like regular police are limited in what happens after the courts take over...i will tell you this they will drop quite a few of those charges...and my own personal opinion [without trying to cause an uproar]...is i fully understand the larger the rack and points the more the amount of the fine ...but i disagree with that logic..i really do....it just justifies what despise's me about deer hunting....that the older large racked deer is ''valued more'''...than poaching a spike buck or doe....i disagree 100 percent with that mindset .....make the fine something like 50,000-$ for poaching any deer ...per deer...than garnish wages if they dont pony up the amount....that would curb this behavior to a certain degree.....just my 2 cents-

EatDeer

Postby EatDeer » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:25 am

IL DNR decides to bust a few law breakers to make themselves look like they actually do something. It's great they got these guys out of the woods.

I think the real problem in IL, is the lack of patroling officers, and calling in deer kills over the phone.

I call in poachers every year, but no one goes down because of the good ol'boy system around here.

Makes me sick to see people getting away with running deer down on atv's at night , and filling achery tags with 22. mag rifles because they dont have the fortitude to actually be a real bow hunter.

DNR can bust big mouth out of staters, but they can't even begin to deal with the poaching and illegal activities of some of the bottom feeders in this county, or state calling themselves ethical hunters/ part time poachers.

2004 was the last of the good ol'days of check stations, when hunters actually hunted, didnt lie about harvests, and the hunting community learned about deer, and came to gather as a family every year.

I'd like to see those days return...
"Let a young buck go, so he can grow."

4khorn

Postby 4khorn » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:39 am

Unbelievable. Lifetime of community service geared toward preserving and improving whitetail habitat in state parks should be tacked on to whatever other punishment they recieve. Oh, and lifetime loss of hunting privelages. Not that they ever got licenses to begin with. This stuff makes me sick!
My pursuit of a buck of a lifetime is much like the Chicago Cubs pursuit of a World Series...the season ends with a "wait til next year"

Luke

EatDeer

Postby EatDeer » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:45 am

jonny5buck wrote:Clicked on the link...all i can say is wow!...seems all but one are related....guess poachers of a feather flock together...

Cpo's like regular police are limited in what happens after the courts take over...i will tell you this they will drop quite a few of those charges...and my own personal opinion [without trying to cause an uproar]...is i fully understand the larger the rack and points the more the amount of the fine ...but i disagree with that logic..i really do....it just justifies what despise's me about deer hunting....that the older large racked deer is ''valued more'''...than poaching a spike buck or doe....i disagree 100 percent with that mindset .....make the fine something like 50,000-$ for poaching any deer ...per deer...than garnish wages if they dont pony up the amount....that would curb this behavior to a certain degree.....just my 2 cents-

The 210'' inch buck is the reason they are doing this poaching crap...put a value of 25k on the buck antlers and it's alot bigger deal to a Judge.

I don't agree with the big buck worth more then a little deer idea, but in a non-hunter court that's probley going to help dnr's case against the poachers.

No this isnt about our values as hunters, we feel any of our deer are worth more 25k dollars, beacuse we respect our deer.

These disrespectful poachers arent hunters, and high pricing a buck helps the courts put the poachers out of action.
"Let a young buck go, so he can grow."

wolfcliff

Postby wolfcliff » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:27 pm

I totally agrree with each of the other responses here. Poaching is a major problem in my neck of the woods as well. More DNR patrols Stiff and heavy fines for each and every deer stolen, check stations are a great place to see the other real deer hunters that have taken animals legally. I have resorted to planting giant reed grass and milo around frontage feilds to keep people from taking deer at night from roads. If the rack isn't big enough these POACHERS just leave the animal for me to find when the sun comes up over a beautifull morning sunrise . Thats being pissed off. !!

Return to Illinois