All Set, How About You??

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
FFKEVIN

RE: All Set, How About You??

Postby FFKEVIN » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:52 am

We are heading down to the land this weekend to try to get everything ready for the season.  Hang 4 stands, change out the memory cards and batteries in the trail cameras, and change out our gravity feeders for feeders with timers.

I need about 10 more hours each day, and I think I can get everything done for the house (the old honey do list) and the hunting land. 

passin through

Postby passin through » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:13 pm

Well it went from horrible dry to one of the wetter Augusts in my reccollection.  All my honey do's and lawn keepin is on hold for the moment which is pushin back my deer camp stuff by the weekend.  Last year we spent all August in the horspital with the new mini-me and this year I got standing water over most of the grass....I'm just not destined to have a well mowed yard in August so I can escape on friday nights to the camp....I think next year =I'm gonna just buy some hotwire and 3-4 goats in march and let em' munch....nieghbors 'll raise cain but at least the won't be complaining about the yard again.....Mentioned the idea to my bride and she wanted to know what in the world we would do with goats in the winter....My idea of a September live 3d shoot and goat BBQ did not pass committee[:D]

marshall9779

Postby marshall9779 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:34 am

I'm ready to go too. I just need to wash all my clothes again and seal them up in my container. As long as I keep taking my bow out every couple days, I'll be good to go. Just waiting on my muzzleloader to come in so I can get that puppy sighted in and ready to go. Taking my 270 WSM out tomorrow to do some shooting while a buddy sights in his new Leupold. Mine should still be good to go, just want to put a few rounds through and get comfortable with it.

hunter480

Postby hunter480 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:31 am

I`m behind too shaman-I`ve yet to even shoot the bow. Indiana bow season opens October 1, but my partner and I never hunt the first part of season. Partly cause it`s too damned hot, but we have to wait for the crops to be picked too. We have to park in the field to hunt, can`t park on the county roads.

Still have to wax the bow string, and start shooting. It`s all good. By the middle of October when we sneak into the woods to our stands for the first time, I`ll be shooting baseball size groups no problem.

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:27 pm

just got back from flinging some arrows.i just want to rewash the gear in scent free and set up my pack for the early hunt,
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:38 am

Yep everything is ready....all I have to do is wait until Oct 18th...then are DEC has every season I hunt open the same day...[&:] Bow deer and bear and fall turkey then 28 days later shotgun / rifle deer.... week later bear...then at the end of gun....... bow /muzzle loader...by that time I'm so cold and tired I usually only go out a day or two for dad in-law...
 Before this I just pray for an early leaf fall so I can go in and mow leaves off my trails ...for quiet pre dawn walks or after noon stalks to stands or blinds   Oh and a couple of sessions with the guns....which starts this weekend

djohns13

Postby djohns13 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:24 am

Almost ready at this point.  Have all my stands hung but one and have trail cameras near two of the hottest areas to determine which will be my primary morning hunt stand.  Counting the hours until October 1 and hoping the cool weather comes in at the same time.  Have my eyes on a 160" that I thinik I am close to figuring out but more importantly want to help my daughter get her first.

Good shooting.
Darren Johnson
Internet Pro Staff Member - Indiana

Glad to talk to all of you, but I'd rather be sitting in a tree stand on a cool morning trying not to move so that the bruiser buck directly below me doesn't figure out that I am watching him!

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:20 am

Not quite set.
But closer each day.
My first hunt will be Nov 1, I cannot make opening archery dates this year.
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

Previous

Return to General Discussions