scent lock suit????

beaverman05

scent lock suit????

Postby beaverman05 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:12 pm

Deer hunters I need ur help.

First let me tell ya what I do to stay scent free. I shower with scent elminator soap and shampoo. I rub the dead down wind body foam on after the shower. I don't get dressed until I'm at the field and then I spray down all my camo and clothing that has previously been washed in scent elminator laundry soap. When I get to the stand I put some scent wicks down wind of me. I really don't know what else I could do to be more scent free and I follow this pattern every time I go out hunting!

Fastforward to this last week:
I had the last week off from work so I hunted every day but Wednesday because it snowed bad. 3 times I had bucks pick my scent up and run over the hill to never be seen again. 2 where shooters and 1 I saw yesterday was one of those lifetime bucks!

My question is does the scent lock suits work???? Because if they do I'm sold but I want to be sure because of there big price tag! Thanks for the help hunters

kellory

Re: scent lock suit????

Postby kellory » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:37 pm

I will never buy a scent loc suit, the cost is extream! Those deer caught your scent because they were down wind of you, plain and simple. Unless you can stop breathing, you will always have some scent about you. Baking soda is very good about eliminating most of your scent, and it is cheap. Renember, our ancesters were smelly men who believed in bathing just a few times a year, smoked, drank, wiped thier hands on thier clothes after eating, smelled of wood smoke and hard work and they got deer. Save your money. The best thing you can do is play the wind, and maybe move your stand so your scent does not travel to where you saw your bucks. For the cost of scentloc clothing, you could hang a cheap hang on stand on most of the trees in the forest! If you are serious about reducing scent, there are lots of threads on here about scent control. I would suggest you start with the posts of Shaman, he has written at lenth about scent control. And good luck!
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Ohio farms

Re: scent lock suit????

Postby Ohio farms » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:02 am

There are many, many scent reduction products on the market. Some work, some don't, but i doubt if any of them hurt your chances of seeing deer. Now hurting your wallet, that's another thing. Keep your equipment and you as scent free as possible, the most important thing, as Kellory already stated, hunt the wind. You might get away with movement or making a sound, but if they detect your scent, it's game over almost always. Sounds like you have found a good area.
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

Return to Scent Attractants/Scent Eliminators