under armor

SCHINK

under armor

Postby SCHINK » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:56 am

Hey guys......is this stuff worth the money........I hunted this week and it was cold .....got all sweated up and then had hard time sitting.........trying to find something GOOD to invest in for the cold morning hunts....THANKS

SCHINK
HAPPINESS IS A BLOODY TAILGATE

umpiremark

Re: under armor

Postby umpiremark » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:11 am

In my book, worth every penny.

My stand is back a long ways from the cabin. A long walk Saturday through the cold (22 degrees) and 3" of crusted, noisy snow. No way I'm not getting sweated up, even carrying my jacket and bibs. I got comfy in the stand and never shivered or felt wet or cold.

I've had U.A. stuff for 3 years. Wear it running, golfing in colder weather and of course a set for hunting. I swear by this stuff. Expensive? Oh ya ... but worth it.
One day my ship will come in!! My luck, I'll be at the airport.

SCHINK

Postby SCHINK » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:31 am

thanks Mark........any help you can tell me which style or how you shop for this stuff.........layer 3...layer1......???????? confused

Jslotter

Postby Jslotter » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:43 am

This is what I wear, and its pretty much the same material, just isn't made by UA, and is waaaaayyy cheaper and keeps you warm too.

http://www.rangerjoes.com/Silkweight-Po ... 73C19.aspx

http://www.rangerjoes.com/Silkweight-Po ... 72C19.aspx
I only hunt on days that end in ' Y '.

umpiremark

Postby umpiremark » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:46 am

Just get the Cold Gear long sleeve shirt and pant. Wear that next to your skin. Layer as usual.

Wicks away moisture to keep you warm. Now, you can't fall into a pool or sweat like you ran a marathon, but normal walking to your stand, far less cold than I've ever been with cotten drawers and shirt, wet with sweat.
One day my ship will come in!! My luck, I'll be at the airport.

Mastertangler

Postby Mastertangler » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:59 am

Agree...good stuff. I've just got the Cold Gear Evolution mock tee and it's perfect every time. Comfortable especially under other layers, warm, and dry. I wear it for packer games, ice fishing, hunting, and more. I'm not a fan of stuff tight on my legs, but I'm looking into a pair of the bottoms for stuff like ice fishing or other cold.

I have some of the "off brand" stuff too....the Gander Mt equivalent, and some cheaper tek something workout type gear top and they work very similar. Nike, Adidas, Reebok, and other off brands all have something like it these days, and it all works pretty well.

Those other UA options...if you look at the construction of the Evolution vs the 2.0 vs the 2.5 etc....they are basically the same stuff material and % wise, just cut a little different or in different colors.

kellory

Postby kellory » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:28 pm

Under Armor is very good stuff to have, I hope to get a set soon myself. Howevr, I was cautioned by some paramedics, fire and under armor DO NOT MIX! It will burn right into your skin and is very hard to remove. Be careful around fire!
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:10 pm

I'm a big UA guy. Works very well.
Biggest key is to stay dry. Like some of you guys, I have some stands that require a long walk in and out. I dress really light and carry my heavier outer clothes in my backpack.
This gun season I am trying out a Heater Body Suit for the first time. Interested to see how it works.

Jimbo

SCHINK

Postby SCHINK » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:06 am

thanks for the help guys...........good luck this weekend....shoot a big one

eberhaar863828

Postby eberhaar863828 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:17 pm

Its good stuff. I use heat gear most days under my shirts. Cold gear for hunting. I also have Omni-Dry by Columbia and I like that a lot also.
Ducks

Next

Return to Wisconsin