PA Hunters Can Ditch Back Tags Soon

Everyday Hunter

PA Hunters Can Ditch Back Tags Soon

Postby Everyday Hunter » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:11 pm

HARRISBURG, Pa. -- The requirement that Pennsylvania hunters wear back tags will soon be a thing of the past.

The state Senate on Tuesday passed the repeal by a vote of 46 to 3.

The sponsor, York Republican Rep. Keith Gillespie, says 48 other states have done away with the mandate. He calls it an outdated inconvenience.

The Pennsylvania Game Commission supports the change, saying hunters sometimes lose their licenses as they walk through thick underbrush.

The state's hunting licenses were redesigned a few years ago, making them easier to store in a wallet.

The bill is on Gov. Tom Corbett's desk and his office says he intends to sign it into law.

LINK

I'm glad to see this. I've lost mine a couple of times.

Once I had to backtrack to find it. The other time the wind was at my back, and it blew by me. I didn't realize it was mine until I picked it up. If the wind had been blowing any other direction, I would never have found it.

Steve.
When the Everyday Hunter isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

bmstaaf

Re: PA Hunters Can Ditch Back Tags Soon

Postby bmstaaf » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:13 pm

I lost mine twice ha ha..its a great feeling when your about to place your tag on a fresh kill and your tag has fallen off.. please pass that fast!i

SwampLife

Re: PA Hunters Can Ditch Back Tags Soon

Postby SwampLife » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:35 pm

LoL, learned real quick to use a bread tie to hold the pin closed when going to push thickets.

I am glad to see this, pain moving it from coat to coat every time I change outfits and one time it went through the washing machine!
No Shortcuts. No Excuses. No Regrets.

Return to Pennsylvania