New deer checking system

Ohio farms

New deer checking system

Postby Ohio farms » Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:46 am

I used the internet to check in a deer recently and thought it was very easy. I was not using my landowner tags, so I can't comment on the phone version, but I liked the internet system. I usually hunt the evenings during bow season and it has always been an effort to get to a check in station before they close. (gets much worse after the time change)
As for making it easier for poachers, I feel that poachers will poach no matter what system is used. We need to police our own ranks.
Anyone used the new system yet?
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

Jeronimo08

Re: New deer checking system

Postby Jeronimo08 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:24 pm

I like it. I checked in my doe while drinking a coffee at starbucks. Can't imagine it getting any easier then that. Also bought my next atlerless tag while I was there. I can already see ways poachers are going to take advantage of the new system but they took advantage of the old one as well.

Ohio farms

Postby Ohio farms » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:06 pm

I agree, if you're a liar and a cheat, you will continue to be one no matter what. For the rest of us honest folks, the new system is nice.
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

3 to 1

Postby 3 to 1 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:28 pm

My neighbor used the phone check-in and it was easy. They will give you a 12 digit number to write on your tags. I recommend writting it on a note pad or something so you can make sure you got all the numbers correct. Its easy.

Return to Ohio