Roll Call

hunter480

Roll Call

Postby hunter480 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:32 am

If you`re a Hoosier white-tail hunter, check in here!

Let`s hear from you. Give us names, what part of the state you hunt, if you hunt private land or public, or a combination, whether you`re simply a gun hunter, or you hunt it all-bow, firearms, and muzzleloader.

You could be surprised as to who your neighbors are, and you could learn of other hunting opportunities.

Let`s hear from all of you, and if you haven`t joined the website yet.....what are you waiting for? Register, and jump into the conversations, debates, and fun found on the D&DH website!
Greg Russell

The Second Amendment, America`s Original Homeland Security

trapperDave

RE: Roll Call

Postby trapperDave » Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:10 am

Whad up? East central traditional bowhunter here.
"Democracy is a lamb and two wolves voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Ben Franklin

djohns13

Postby djohns13 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:11 am

Darren Johnson here, checking in from Central Indiana.  I live in the Center Grove area (johnson county) but do most of my hunting, fishing and trapping on private land in Hendricks County.  My deer hunting goal this year is two mature does and one mature buck along with helping my daughter getting her first.

Good shooting.
Darren Johnson
Internet Pro Staff Member - Indiana

Glad to talk to all of you, but I'd rather be sitting in a tree stand on a cool morning trying not to move so that the bruiser buck directly below me doesn't figure out that I am watching him!

hunter480

Postby hunter480 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:14 am

ORIGINAL: djohns13

Darren Johnson here, checking in from Central Indiana.  I live in the Center Grove area (johnson county) but do most of my hunting, fishing and trapping on private land in Hendricks County.  My deer hunting goal this year is two mature does and one mature buck along with helping my daughter getting her first.

Good shooting.

Best of luck to you, especially with the daughter getting her first.

I`m in Putnam County-hunt a couple extremely small parcels that my hunting partner`s mother-in-law owns. We`ve seen a lot of deer, and killed some dandys, even though they`re very small woods. Those Indiana corn-fed white-tails can be bruisers. I arrowed a really great 8-pointer a few seasons back that dressed out well over 200 lbs.

Anyway, keep us posted, seriously, on how you and the daughter do this season.
Greg Russell

The Second Amendment, America`s Original Homeland Security

tubbyIN

Postby tubbyIN » Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:25 pm

Greene county here. I am lucky to have several areas to hunt through out the county. it is all private land that eithier I or my family have gotten permission for. i also hunt public land but mainly for squirrels. Im hoping to harvest my "wall hanger" a couple of good does and a "steakdeer". This year im not picking up my T.C. untill muzzelloader season! Ive had all summer off work so ive gotten pretty good with my PSE. Good luck to every one this upcoming season. 

rudy1969

Postby rudy1969 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:45 am

Rudy Rudisill, I hunt with all equipment legal in the state.  Most of my hunting is on private land.  The past two years I completed a Grand Slam in Indiana.  I harvested deer with a crossbow, shotgun, muzzleloader and pistol.  I live in the southwest part of the state in Warrick County.  I hunt in Warrick and Spencer counties and am looking forward to another great season.  I have been hunting since 1967.

jim1966

Postby jim1966 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:23 pm

Hello.   Southern Indiana here. Jim is my name and I hunt with bow and gun mostly.
Jim

djohns13

Postby djohns13 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:29 am

Tubby, Rudy and Jim, glad to hear from all of you.  It is very nice to see the Indiana membership growing.  Good luck to everyone, keep us posted on how your season is going.

Also, if you have good trail cam or scouting pictures and don't mind sharing, post them up so we can all share the excitement.

Good shooting.
Darren Johnson
Internet Pro Staff Member - Indiana

Glad to talk to all of you, but I'd rather be sitting in a tree stand on a cool morning trying not to move so that the bruiser buck directly below me doesn't figure out that I am watching him!

whitetail_eater93

Postby whitetail_eater93 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:58 pm

Hi im Mike Snyder from North Liberty Indiana St. Joe county i hunt on 3 different properties ones behind my house the other two are down the road from me. i'm going after a mature 14 point i've seen him he just never gave me a good enough shot and im gonna take some does just for good eatin
P.E.T.A (People for the eating of tasty animals)

8uck5nort

Postby 8uck5nort » Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:15 pm

North West Indiana. Hunt Tippecanoe, White, and a place down in Parke county. Bow mostly, but like to muzzelload as well with my son. Harvested one doe in the early urban season in Tippecanoe County on 9/27/2008. Going after a P&Y class buck I got on trail cam in August in White county on the families farm. Weather is looking real good for Saturday morning. Hope it holds and the buck shows.

Veni, Vidi, Sagittam Mittere, now I'm ready for my nap :)

Next

Return to Indiana