Welcome

DeerCamp

Welcome

Postby DeerCamp » Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:06 pm

Just wanted to take a moment to say welcome to everyone here! The season is coming fast (40 days) and I hope youve all ready taken care of all the dirty work. Make sure everything is ready, and if you have any questions feel free to drop a line. Ill be sure to get back to you asap with an answer.
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

mag30079

RE: Welcome

Postby mag30079 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:27 am

Hello Deercamp,

I noticed on one of your post that you will be hunting Jackson county this year, what area?. I'm also gonna give Jackson co. a try. A friend has a cabin close to Waterloo state gaming area. I usally hunt in Hillsdale co. as well.
My wifes Grandma has a farm down there. That were I shot my first deer.

mag30079

Postby mag30079 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:29 am

The leaves on the tree's are starting to change, won't be long now.

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:12 am

Mag30079 I hunted in Parma just west of Jackson. Lotta big deer that way! I shot my 1st buck there during the youth hunt, a nice 6pt with a 13" inside spread many years ago. If this is your first time hunting that area be ready for anything, and just have fun. Youll be in for a real treat!  Yes the leaves are changing and the weather is getting colder here. Im loving it.  Ill be going up fishing soon in the benzonia (sp) for salmon. Im excited for that cuz after that deer season starts. Ill be going to Escanaba for 5 days. Where abouts in the south east are you from? I have a brother going to school at EMU.
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:42 am

Hello DeerCamp and other MI hunters.

It must be looking beautiful right now with the leaves changing and having some nice sunny weather.
I will make it for Nov 15th, but the leaves will be gone by then for sure.
I will be hunting family land in Gratiot County.

Oh also I heard there is an early, antlerless rifle season this year in MI (September 18th). I found the link on DNR.
http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,1607,7-153-10363_38954_38957-197505--,00.html
I hope this doesn't alter your archery season and deer patterns too much.

Either way, good luck on this years hunts!!

"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

mag30079

Postby mag30079 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:08 am

Deercamp
The area in Jackson is just east of 127 and north of 94. I think you can see it off 94. A friend has been asking to go with me on a hunt. I normaly like hunting alone (in archery season) cuz I like to still hunt large track of state land, but I told him yes this time. I found a few spots on an aerial map. Emu is close by its in Ypisi, I'm in the detroit area.

Saifish hello

I'm not sure how I feel about the early doe season. The following weekend is the youth hunt. I may wait a few weeks after the archery openner just to let things settle down. The last few years the archery opener were pretty misreble. Lots of bugs and too hot.

Return to Michigan