What kind of bow does everyone shoot?

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
DeerCamp

What kind of bow does everyone shoot?

Postby DeerCamp » Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:39 am

So I was thinking of a post that I could get everyone involved in, and I wanted to know what kinda of bow does everyone shoot while hunting? What other bows do you own?

I have three bows. A Hoyt, Alpine and a Black Lightning By Bear. I use the Black Lightning for bowfishing and the Hoyt and Alpine for deer hunting. What about eveyone eles?
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

bckklr

RE: What kind of bow does everyone shoot?

Postby bckklr » Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:44 am

i think this thread should be in the archery section ? but here goes i just bought a new mathews dxt im all set up except for broadheads muzzy?rage? i just dont know & i have a pse baby g it will probably go in my yard sale im havin 2 wks from 2day so i can buy a new pair of burlys mine are wore out
adapt & overcome

hoosierhuntercustomcalls.com

djohns13

Postby djohns13 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:29 am

I shoot a Martin Bengal, 60# draw and just love it.

Prior to that, I have shot Browning and Reflex.

Not that I am shooting a parallel limb design, I don't see myself ever going back.

Good shooting.
Darren Johnson
Internet Pro Staff Member - Indiana

Glad to talk to all of you, but I'd rather be sitting in a tree stand on a cool morning trying not to move so that the bruiser buck directly below me doesn't figure out that I am watching him!

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:30 am

My main hunting bow is a Bear Super Kodiak Recurve, #55.

I also have an old Hoyt Pro-Hunter recurve, that was my first "real" bow back in 1968, #40.

I shoot on occasion my Bear Custom Takedown recurve, #65, that I'd like to get a set of lighter limbs for.

It's ALL good!!!!
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

JPH

Postby JPH » Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:35 am

Parker Hunter Mag
Wisker Bisket
Carbon Arrows
Rage 2-blade broadheads

My next bow will be a Mathews with a drop away rest. But for the time being (and with my current budget) I'm happy with my setup.

mag30079

Postby mag30079 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:51 am

I not sure who makes it but my main bow is a Cabela's PL 1.5
I also have a Hoyt Vectrix that I'm currently working the bugs out of it.

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:52 am

Diamond Rock.
I too am torn on my broadhead selection this year. Leaning toward the Rage, but it's not a done deal yet.

I thought my next bow would be a Mathews as well. I shot a couple they are nice, but I saw a Bear the other day at the archery shop and boy did I like the looks of it (didn't get to shoot it), it certainly caught my eye though. I am perfectly content with my current choice for now though.

All these choices we have. It can be a curse.....or.......heaven, depends on how you look at it [:D]
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:10 am

i shoot a mathews MQ32 set at 62lbs  with 80% let off. i use a prong style rest and a 2 pin copperjohn sight i shoot carbon easton axis arrows with 100 grain nuge blade broadheads in an alpine quiver.I learned on a ben pearson stick bow that i still shoot from time to time instinctive with fingers .
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

schlupis

Postby schlupis » Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:21 am

I shoot a Mathews Switchback XT Carbon Express Maxima 350 Rage 2 blade 100 gr HHA Sight trophy taker shaky hunter rest.

Switched from a  High Country 4runner pro series nice bow just needed to upgrade.

hunter480

Postby hunter480 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:35 am

Me personally, I very strongly dislike Mathews, I think they`re way overrated, overpriced, and they waged a nasty campaign several years back against Hoyt. And the founder claims to be a Christian no less......

Anyway, I hunt with an AR-34, shooting PSE Carbon Force Dominator arrows tipped with Muzzy 100 grain 3-blade broadheads. Nice rig-I`ve only been bow hunting 5-6 seasons, but am extremely pleased with this bow-arrow-broadhead set up. No deer I`ve arrowed has gone more than 80 yards, and most have gone less than 30.
Greg Russell

The Second Amendment, America`s Original Homeland Security

Next

Return to General Discussions