primos xp

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
bckklr

primos xp

Postby bckklr » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:37 am

well has anyone tried the primos xp challenge ? you know the one on the commercials about putting  some stinkin stuff on a cotton ball & spray it with the new scent killer that they came out with & then viola no smell just like that
adapt & overcome

hoosierhuntercustomcalls.com

howhill1

RE: primos xp

Postby howhill1 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:11 pm

i havent seen any yet to buy it. depends how much it is though. im really sold on scent killer by wrc. ive used it for a loooonnngggg time
"please join the N.R.A. as well as your state rifle association! these are critical times for ALL gun owners. Be informed, be active and stay vigilant"

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:59 pm

im also interested in that new product from rhino laboratories "scent strike"they did a write up in the gear issue of D&DH maybe ill be the guinea pig and buy it
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

vipermann7

Postby vipermann7 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:52 pm

i remember that commercial, but i can never remember which company it is actually for. ive havent tried it yet, but i might. ive always used scent killer, its always worked great for me. im going to try dead down wind this year. no real reason, i just like to try new things.

howhill1

Postby howhill1 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:39 am

ive eyed the rhino strike myself for clothes storage. right now i just fill up some old socks with baking soda and place them in my totes. im a bit intrigued by the dead down wind drier sheets.
"please join the N.R.A. as well as your state rifle association! these are critical times for ALL gun owners. Be informed, be active and stay vigilant"

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:59 am

i have a recipie for homemade scent killer it involves peroxide and baking soda made it last year,got 3 deer cant say if it was cuz of that though 
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

bckklr

Postby bckklr » Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:58 am

well im kind of like howhill ive been using (wrc) as long as its been on the shelf but as long as the primos doesnt cost an arm & a leg ill probably compare the 2 just to see ive heard good things about dead down wind but ive never tried it but hey joel why dont you post that home concoction or pm me & ill whip some up & test it with the other kinds & maybe i can save some money after i get the results
adapt & overcome

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:52 pm

from a friend of mine.2qts distilled water,1qt hydrogen peroxide,1/2 cup baking soda,1oz no scent soap.Mix until baking soda is dissolved.VERY IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!!!!stir and let set in an open container/bottle for a few days to let the chemical reaction dissipate,stir daily.When you put it in your spray bottle leave a little extra space for latent chemical action.Do not store in clear bottle,the peroxide goes bad,thats why peroxide comes in a brown bottle

bckklr

Postby bckklr » Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:30 am

thanx ill give it a try
adapt & overcome

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:05 am

a little warning about the mix it leaves a white residue on whatever you spray,it comes off and doesnt stain but it does leave it behind.just wanted ya to know.i mixit up in rinsed out gallon milk containers and keep it in the dark under the sinkPS the guy who gave me the recipe was a paramedic and used it to get the stink out of the "bus"

Next

Return to General Discussions