beware the AHSA!

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
howhill1

beware the AHSA!

Postby howhill1 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:31 pm

The American Hunters and Shooters Association (AHSA) is once again trying to confuse hunters into believing two bold lies:  that the NRA does not support hunting, and that AHSA and the Sierra Club do. 
In a report released on August 21, AHSA makes the ridiculous argument that NRA is anti-hunting because NRA does not support the same candidates that Sierra Club and other environmental groups support. The problem is, these groups rate candidates on their radical environmental record, not on their support for hunting or for gun owners' rights. In fact, the politicians endorsed by the Sierra Club are a "Who's Who" of the most anti-gun politicians in American history. Gun-ban advocates like Barack Obama, John Kerry, Charles Schumer, Hillary Clinton, Barbara Boxer, Frank Lautenberg, Jack Reed, and Teddy Kennedy have all been endorsed by the Sierra Club. Since Teddy Kennedy wants to ban almost all ammunition used by hunters in America, it is impossible to see how the Sierra Club is supporting hunters by endorsing him.
"please join the N.R.A. as well as your state rifle association! these are critical times for ALL gun owners. Be informed, be active and stay vigilant"

Highlander Archery

RE: beware the AHSA!

Postby Highlander Archery » Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:35 pm

Excellent reminder

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:52 pm

I so agree i noticed they have ramped up their rhetoric big time.I think they hope to fool a lot of people.I have requested that their ads be removed from several sites i visit. 
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

hunter480

Postby hunter480 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:17 pm

It`s critical to get the word out to everyone, anyplace you frequent. It can`t be taken for granted that people know they`re a front for anti`s.

I`m an NRA Endowment-Life member, and although I don`t agree with many of NRA`s positions, they`re the biggest political force we currently have, and so, are effective.
Greg Russell

The Second Amendment, America`s Original Homeland Security

Return to General Discussions