september

JOEL

september

Postby JOEL » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:32 am

so whos going out for early goose?squirrel? 
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

msbadger

RE: september

Postby msbadger » Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:50 am

those little tree rats best look out...the last one I shot in jan was 130 yrds away and I took him with open sights with my 22rim fire....right behind the eye...[:D]...I'll be perfactly honest....that shot probably surprised me as much as him....but then I took another straight thorough the middle of his spine at 90yrds.....until I started seriously hunting squirrel I really didn't think a 22 could be that accurate at those distances...great practice for deer and yote season...have to admit the little boogers are a tad fuzzy even with my glasses on at those distances.....[;)]

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:20 am

Ill be making my way out real soon. Great time to enjoy the outdoors
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:26 am

It's my excuse to go to camp and scout bear for bow season...I won't go into woods to shoot squirrel at home where I do my serious deer bow hunting....ppl next door spotted a high tined wide racked 8 and I'm hoping when all the guys hit the woods in bow season they'll drive him my way...

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:43 pm

i bought a high powered air rifle for the squirrels this year in some spots i was worried bout using the ol 22 for em so i would carry the shotgun.Looking forward to wacking a few with my new toy .i am also going to try my hand at taxidermy on them,got to order the stuff from van dykes
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

adirondackhunter

Postby adirondackhunter » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:45 pm

Going for early bear.
Hunt to live , Live to hunt

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:59 pm

i will be bear/deer hunting sept 26,27,28,29,30

Squirrelhawker

Postby Squirrelhawker » Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:21 am

As a falconer, my squirrel season in NY doesn't open until Oct 1. But we get to chase them until the end of March

Waiting impatiently...

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:45 am

wow that's cool welcome to the NY forum  i once saw a hawk swoop down and snatch a squirrel by the head while i was turkey hunting ,i was in awe

Squirrelhawker

Postby Squirrelhawker » Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:54 am

Thanks. The red tail is an awesome predator of tree squirrels and often not witnessed doing it. You were very fortunate to see that. I have a female going in to her third season. She is a gray squirrels worst nightmare. [;)]

Next

Return to New York