If it was legal

How can you become a better hunter? Find out here — and share your advice!
JPH

RE: If it was legal

Postby JPH » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:28 pm

ORIGINAL: Woods Walker

if they are that concerned about it, then they have to make the POSSESSION and SALE of mineral blocks in Illinois illegal.

Otherwise, those selling them, and buying them haven't done a darn thing wrong until they put them in the woods and a deer comes along.

Agreed.

BTW, I always have fun on the 4th of July. [;)][;)][;)][;)]

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:15 pm

ORIGINAL: JPH

if they are that concerned about it, then they have to make the POSSESSION and SALE of mineral blocks in Illinois illegal.

Otherwise, those selling them, and buying them haven't done a darn thing wrong until they put them in the woods and a deer comes along.

Agreed.

BTW, I always have fun on the 4th of July. [;)][;)][;)][;)]

You outlaw, you! 

Methinks that JPH has a side that he isn't telling us about.....[:D]

howhill1

Postby howhill1 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:43 pm

good grief dont give our chi town libs any ideas..........i guess what i was meaning was more of disbelief in the fact that nobodys caught on to it yet.
"please join the N.R.A. as well as your state rifle association! these are critical times for ALL gun owners. Be informed, be active and stay vigilant"

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:02 pm

ORIGINAL: howhill1

good grief dont give our chi town libs any ideas..........i guess what i was meaning was more of disbelief in the fact that nobodys caught on to it yet.

LOL! Don't worry, the Illinois politicians will find a way to TAX it, before they ban it!

howhill1

Postby howhill1 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:34 pm

thats the truth. every time im in the local rural king i envision the dnr settin up sting ops like the county does for drunks outside bars on sat nites. waitin for guys to buy a bag of beast feast or jug of deer cocain.lol
"please join the N.R.A. as well as your state rifle association! these are critical times for ALL gun owners. Be informed, be active and stay vigilant"

Legnip

Postby Legnip » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:53 pm

Bait - Yes

Hunting with a spot light isn't hunting.

Shining deer to see them at night - Yes. No weapons of any kind in the car.

Spot light, hounds, and chasing raccoons. I've never done it, but probably something to try, but who can stay up that late anymore.

From those who much is given, much is expected

EatDeer

Postby EatDeer » Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:38 am

ORIGINAL: hunter480

[quote]ORIGINAL: JPH

[quote]ORIGINAL: howhill1

living here in il. i understand the reasons for no more mineral or feed supplementation and no longer use these. why is it then that stores stock complete aisles of these products for sale?

The same reason they build fireworks stands along the border.[;)]

You can buy a rifle and ammo for it in Illinois as well, although you can't hunt deer with it here.  What's the difference? The PRODUCT isn't against the law, only the USE of it is under certain circumstances.

That's where it differs from fireworks.

Your example doesn`t address the issue that started this line of questioning.....the sale of mineral blocks when they aren`t lawful to use in Illinois.

The real point is, that just like the hunting industry, any industry will do whatever they can to increase sales and profits, regardless of legality and harm to their market.
[/quote]

But they ARE legal to use in Illinois....just not for deer. I have horses on my place, we use them in the pastures, and it's perfectly legal. Same with cattle. Now how you PREVENT deer form using them is a whole 'nother issue, as putting up signs would be a waste of time, as deer can't read.......

A .30-.06 rifle isn't legal to use for deer in Illinois either, but you can still buy one here.

What's the difference? To me, they would have to ban the POSSESSION of any mineral block in Illinois to make this stick. But they haven't, just the USE of them with deer.

It's a gray area.
[/quote] Just like you can use the high-power to hunt coyotes, but your can't use it on deer. It's kinda funny when you see someone keeping deer out of turkey feed, they put up a fence, and the deer just jump over it.  Another legal loophole.
"Let a young buck go, so he can grow."

trapperDave

Postby trapperDave » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:56 am

NO/NO
"Democracy is a lamb and two wolves voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Ben Franklin

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:42 am

Ha HaHa...ya I can just see it ...some guy in NYstate buying ...stumplicker...deer co-caine...or wht tail 30-06.....paying NYS TAXES...just so he can drive it to another state to hunt...lol...right!....as far as catching ppl....how privite is the buying habits of the general puplic...when every purchase with any credit or discount card is recorded

hunting GA

Postby hunting GA » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:21 am

no, no     I'm in it for the hunt and for the fair chase. I would rather fine tune my skills as a hunter and reap the rewards of my labor and know that every piece of that fine red meat that I put in my mouth and every buck that is on my wall was earned by me and my skills.

PreviousNext

Return to Best Practices