Graphic Video

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
stumpsitter66

Graphic Video

Postby stumpsitter66 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:23 am

I just watched the squad-deer accident video on the blog section. Holy smokes was that guy driving fast and what a mess it made. I guess this goes to show that people including officers really need to slow down when driving at night on country roads. Looked like the cop had a brush guard on his car otherwise I'd say he would have been one hurting unit, no pun intended.

DeerCamp

RE: Graphic Video

Postby DeerCamp » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:34 am

To me it looked like he had time to slow down..But then again I dont know how fast he was going..Still sad.
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

JPH

Postby JPH » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:52 am

Looks to me as though he was "running hot". Given the good road conditions and a legit emergency (legit according to SOP), it's hard to say that he was driving too fast.

One thing that we would fault him for in my line of work, would be not using the siren. But cops like to be sneaky that way, and I suppose they have good reason sometimes. And who knows if a siren would have changed the outcome?

schlupis

Postby schlupis » Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:46 pm

I have seen worse car deer videos but didnt appear he was going overly fast lights were on. I am not going to judge the guy dont know what kind of call he was going to. Too easy to judge he could have hit that deer doing the speed limit and people would still be upset.

Return to General Discussions