when does everyones deer season kick off?

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
Kydeerhunter03

RE: when does everyones deer season kick off?

Postby Kydeerhunter03 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:22 am

Kentucky

Archery-September 6
Muzzleloader-October 18
Rifle- November 8

deerhunter713

Postby deerhunter713 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:31 am

Ohio
Bow season - Sept 27th
Gun - Monday after Thanksgiving

JBow

Postby JBow » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:47 pm

Bow season opens October 18 here in Western NY (Southern Zone) . It used to open Oct 15 every year no matter what day it fell on but the DEC wanted to make it a Saturday opener each year so it was changed .
Bow Gun
Southern Zone Oct 18 - Nov 14 Nov 15 - Dec 7

Northern Zoe Nov 15 - Dec 7 Oct 18 - Dec 7

Yeah, the NY State Department of Environmental Conservation is loaded with a bunch of hard-headed, self-serving, spiteful, ignorant and biased bunch of stubborn bureaucratic liars!  From Grannis all the way down to the  menial  workers!
Our Bow Season has traditionally been 35 days(5 weeks) since I started Bow Hunting back in 1981.  A few years ago they had to reformulate the way they set up our hunting seasons.  It was arranged so that Bow and Gun both opened on a Saturday, to give more hunters a chance to get out opening day.  This is fine.  I have no problem with that.  But they had an agreement that Bow would open October 1st, so the Bowhunters wouldn't lose precious time in the woods and to compensate us for that last weekend during the rut that we were giving up.   Well, the DEC stuck it to us in a big way.  And they won't budge a millimeter on it.  They talk in circles trying to justify their reasons for not accomodating us on these "Short" years.  I guess everything has been etched in stone and literally would take an act of GOD to change.  Maybe these folks are just to lazy to run all the paperwork it would entail.  I don't know, but what difference would it have made to let our Bow Season open the 11th this year?  Or the !st?  Gun Season runs the same number of concurrent days every year regardless.  Why shouldn't Bow Season?  They chose to alienate the Bow Hunter instead.  I don't know any Bow Hunters who are happy with this set-up.  It's a good thing these bufoons aren't elected to their positions!
They don't seem to understand that Bow Hunters are a force to be reckoned with when it comes to herd management.  Hunter numbers continue to drop, but I know more people who are getting into Bow Hunting every year.  It's grown unbelieveably since the early 80's!  But for reasons that I can only figure, have to be personal, they chose to step on our toes, the Bow Hunters.  As far as I'm concerned, something had better be done about this situation soon.  NY State is becoming an absolutely unbearable place to exist in every aspect of life. 
I have no respect for any part of the DEC anymore.  Plain and simple!
Bow Hunting is taken very seriously around here and amongst my friends.  This situation needs to be remedied and now.        
IF IT'S WORTH DOING, IT'S WORTH DOING RIGHT!

HiddenHornsRanch

Postby HiddenHornsRanch » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:27 pm

Bow - September 27
Gun/General - Nov 1
Texas-theres a couple special seasons at the end for youths, and to hunt does/spikes
KINGSVILLE A&M JAVELINA

marshall9779

Postby marshall9779 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:52 am

I won't even try and list all the different seasons. I just moved to Maryland and it's confusing as anything. There are like 3 different bow, muzzleloader, and firearms seasons each.

1st Bow season - 9/15

Muzzle loader, firearm, and bow in the middle

Late Bow ends 1/31

It's a long 3 1/2 month season. I can't wait.

Previous

Return to General Discussions