Opening day of gun

Ohio farms

Opening day of gun

Postby Ohio farms » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:58 am

I'll be leaving soon to spend a few days at my farm with friends to sit in the rain. Forecast for Monday is 90% chance of rain. I guess it's going to rain on all of our parades for a few days. Good luck, have fun everyone and don't forget to be safe.
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

freak nasty 145

Re: Opening day of gun

Postby freak nasty 145 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:07 pm

it takes me an hour to get to my hunting spot. I HATE THIS RAIN!!!!! try again tues. and wens. Good luck fellow buckeyes.
"Any sportsman who can kill his deer without the tingling spine, the quick clutch at his heart, the delicious trembling of nerve fibers when the game is finally down, has no place in the deer woods." Lawrence R. Koller. (1948).

gonehun10

Postby gonehun10 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:24 am

To hell with that opened up the door this morning and turned around and went back to bed. :x

motorbreaker

Postby motorbreaker » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:41 am

Had to work the opener, Didnt bother me to much because of the rain. Off thursday, Hit the woods then.
Looks like the end of the week will be perfect weather for hunting. good luck fellas.....
Jake

Ohio farms

Postby Ohio farms » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:55 pm

Spent 10 hours sitting in the rain Monday without seeing anything deer-like and if that wasn't fun enough, my nephew got his truck stuck in a creek that borders our farm. The water had risen quite a bit after he crossed it to get to the woods. He quit at 10am since he was concerned about the water rising. I had to pull him our with chains and my truck. To make matters worse, the car would not start and had to be towed to the dealer. Hopefully there will a lot of hunters in the woods Saturday to keep the deer moving.

Ohio farms

Postby Ohio farms » Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:59 pm

Went out today with my brother and nephew. They both got nice does. I saw 4 does pass by me at 60 yds going mach II. Nice day though. Skim ice on the water in the woods made it easy to hear anything moving in the woods. It always amazes me how big a pile of clothes you need for a day of deer hunting in the cold. Hope you all did well so far.

Ohio farms

Postby Ohio farms » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:23 pm

Anyone going out Saturday on the 17th? Hope the weather is dry.

kellory

Postby kellory » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:53 pm

Ohio farms wrote:Anyone going out Saturday on the 17th? Hope the weather is dry.

I hope to. I have taken the last of my vacation days for fri the 16th and mon the 19 and tues the 20. But I only have a hunting partner for mon the 19. Since I am short transportation, I am limited to when my friends can hunt. I hope the weather holds off.
Last edited by kellory on Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Ohio farms

Postby Ohio farms » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:28 am

I hope the weather holds too. Calling for rain showers Thursday, Friday and a 30% chance of rain/snow mix on Saturday. That's NE Ohio. Not looking forward to sitting in the rain again. Good luck to you.

kellory

Postby kellory » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:09 pm

Same to you! What part of Ohio do you hunt? I have a pop up blind and a buddy heater.
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Next

Return to Ohio