Peepsight

Bowhunting experiences, the best way to tune a bow -- share your knowledge here!
howhill1

RE: Peepsight

Postby howhill1 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:29 am

i paper tune but also perform bare shaft test's to about thirty yards to ensure everything.
"please join the N.R.A. as well as your state rifle association! these are critical times for ALL gun owners. Be informed, be active and stay vigilant"

mag30079

Postby mag30079 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:25 am

What type of knot do you use with the floss. I couldn't get the floss to hold up. I also use the rubber tube type peep. You said the peep could be served in, how???

Goose

Postby Goose » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:26 pm

I would start with the arrow level with the berger button(hole your rest is mounted in) and if your shooting a release i would put the nocking point 1/4 inch above level and the arrow about 11/16 from riser to center of arrow. This normally gets me close on paper tuning and as highlander said move in small increments. i do paper tune but as stated the best way is back walking. Good luck!
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

Highlander Archery

Postby Highlander Archery » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:43 am

ORIGINAL: mag30079

What type of knot do you use with the floss. I couldn't get the floss to hold up. I also use the rubber tube type peep. You said the peep could be served in, how???

Don't use dental floss use serving material, you can get it at just about any sports store. To serve in a peep you serve like a normal serving for about 1/2 inch below peep till you get as close to the peep as possible with the tool you have, strip out about 6 inches, wrap around perimeter of peep(in the groove), strip out more if needed and wrap from above peep to peep for about 1/2 inch. You should end with 2 tails one above peep and one below peep, using an allen wrench to tie tails to, pull as tight as you can (Note: You should be pulling toward the peep from both above and below, this squeezes the peep from both sides), clip tails leaving about 1/4" and burn to bring flush and lock serving in place

Previous

Return to Archery and Bowhunting