extended gun seasons

howhill1

extended gun seasons

Postby howhill1 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:34 pm

there is rumors of an extension to the gun season again. i know of some propsals last year that went no wher due to the all the mess in springfield.
 was wondering if anyone had heard or seen anything . ill keep diggin and report back what i find.
"please join the N.R.A. as well as your state rifle association! these are critical times for ALL gun owners. Be informed, be active and stay vigilant"

howhill1

RE: extended gun seasons

Postby howhill1 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:22 pm

well it appears the culprit to the rumors are the upcoming task force meetings talked about in another thread. heres the link to the times and plces for the open public meetings where you can voice your opinions.

http://dnr.state.il.us/pubaffairs/2008/August/deer.html
"please join the N.R.A. as well as your state rifle association! these are critical times for ALL gun owners. Be informed, be active and stay vigilant"

EatDeer

Postby EatDeer » Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:15 am

I noticed on the task force hunter survey, it asked opinions on opening private lands to public hunters. The survey also asked about baseing herd management on car -deer collisions? Why not base it on herd populations and herd health instead? I guess since the county check stations are gone, the DNR doesnt worry about herd health anymore? The idea they have about un-limited over-the-counter late season firearms doe permits, well, I'm not sure what to say about that?   Some of the forms they presented were in such a small print, I couldn't read them on my 52 inch tv screen! If you havent visited the IL-DNR state website and filled out the online survey, I recommend you do voice your opinion.                 Press release: New Joint Deer Population Task Force                                                                         www.dnr.state.il.us
"Let a young buck go, so he can grow."

howhill1

Postby howhill1 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:05 am

just did it.

this is scary considering the track record our dnr has at this point.
and to be fair they dont realy have alot to work with any more.

Return to Illinois