What hunting clothes do you wear?

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
adirondackhunter

What hunting clothes do you wear?

Postby adirondackhunter » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:10 pm

I wear any brand of jacket, shirt, pants that are waterproof and wind proof.I wear Rocky Gore Tex 1,000 grams thinsulate boot that is waterproof. In warm weather i wear Cabelas brand boot that is uninsulated and waterproof.I wear ragwool glove/mittens,duafold insulated thermal underware.All outer garments with the exception of ragwool  are camo.
Hunt to live , Live to hunt

msbadger

RE: What hunting clothes do you wear?

Postby msbadger » Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:28 pm

Weather depending ...from camo sweats with under layers and carry a soft camo rain jacket and pants to Cabelas extreme weather parka and pants ....feet 200 gram mid rubber boots to -80 baffins or 6oogram and the ins.boot covers...light gloves to open fingered mittens and always hand warmers

Goose

Postby Goose » Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:49 pm

Scentblocker dreamseason suit (love it) in cold weather Ill have on underarmour coldgear top and bottoms, and mad dog fleece. Scentblocker head cover, underarmour gloves and cabelas rubber camo boots. I keep everything in plastic bags and then store them in closed containers. I shower before each hunt and change into my hunting clothes at the land Im hunting.
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:56 pm

Polypro underwear/socks, followed by wool shirts. Depending on weather, I then either wear wool pants, or canvas duck. I NEVER wear cotton next to my skin anymore for hunting.

I also use some fleece outer garments also. Besides being warm, fleece and wool is QUIET, and because of the "fuzziness" of the fabric, they tend to diffuse light and absorb it, rather than reflect it.
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

shaman

Postby shaman » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:42 pm

You have to understand that I have several garbage bags filled with camo clothes. They contain:

1)  Camo left over when I was still an XL (I'm now a 2X-3X). Luckily #2 son is currently XL.
2)  Camo left over from when the kids were small-- Everything from a Mens SM to L.  Currently Angus is working his way through the larger stuff.
3)  My current stuff.

This stuff represents a quarter century of hunting, plus in some cases 5 years of paintball before that.  Since I never washed stuff in hot water and hardly ever used detergent (Mostly sodium bicarb), the colors are still good. I was always looking for cheap.  Later, I began to eschew polyester, because it held scent more. 

Early Season:  (Temp 50 F  no rain.)
    Cotton  long sleeve camo T-shirt.  Cotton  camo coveralls.  Camo hoodie.  LaCrosse uninsulated boots.  Carry Cabelas commando sweater.   Homemade camo poncho as a cover-up to hide form.  Boonie hat

Mid Season  (Temp 40 F  rain expected)
    Sportsmans Guide.com Guide Gear poly pro longsleeve top.  Cotton camo coveralls.  Cabelas wool commando sweater.  Poly camo hoodie.  Carry  PVC rain suit. Homemade camo poncho as a cover-up to hide form. Camo Yazoo hat worn inside face mask made from old camo T-Shirt..  LLBean insulated Maine Boot.

Rifle Season ( Temp 26 F  weather changeable)

Sportsmans Guide.com Guide Gear poly pro longsleeve top. and bottom  Cotton camo coveralls.  Cabelas wool commando sweater.    Remington Goretex Quad parka and bibs carried in and put on at the stand.  Goretex Jeep hat in hunter orange.   Browning insulated leather boots.  Homemade orange poncho.
Really late Season ( Temp 15F  and below)

Same as Rifle Season, except substitute  Green Freezer Suit  for Remington Quad parka and bibs.  Substitute pac-boots.    I wore a freezer suit in one of my previous jobs.  It is good for standing around in below-zero conditions.  That and either a camo or orange poncho, and I'm good for a day on the stand down as far as it will go.
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer

Panman1949

Postby Panman1949 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:50 pm

Rubber boots, light gloves if bowhunting and muffs with warmers, Remington base layers(like UA only cheaper), and usually breathable rain wear outers.  I spray down as each layer goes on.

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:44 am

im in the ranks of shaman with all the gear i got
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

passin through

Postby passin through » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:19 am

Anything and everything......Army surplus Tiger stripe BDU's....Under Armor Heat and Cold Gear....Mossy Oak cargo pants & 6 pocket shirts....My favorite set up is BDU pants and a Cabellas Guide Shirt....I love those shirts.  They are cool enough to wear in early season by themselves and work out great as an outer layer when it cools off ...the best thing about them is all the pockets.  If I've got a pocket I can usually find some junk to put in it.  Funny thing about it no matter how much camo I accumulate I seem to kill deer wearing everday clothes.... clothes wise my first bow buck I shot wearing wranglers, a white t-shirt, and a bug proof ghillie suit with a pair of silent stalk sneakers on.  The biggest buck I ever shot in LA... I had on dress slacks and a starched blue longsleeve on with cowboy boots (Ihad snuck away from work.. my last appointment bailed on me and 30 minutes later I was sitting in a box stand)  I always laugh at myself for that but he was a good deer!

ranwin33

Postby ranwin33 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:40 am

Various assortment of camo pants and shirts, but two items I almost always wear and would feel at a loss without are:
[ol][*]A Field and Stream designed fleece coat with hood.  I swear it makes me invisible to deer, I don't know if it's the fuzzines of the fleece or what.  It's also light enough for early season, and with longjohns and a flannel shirt it keeps me warm during the late season.
[*]New Balance waterproof tennis shoes, unless there is deep snow.[/ol]

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:51 am

Any camo (mossy oak pattern) that is mosquito repellent (Buzz-off).
I have long-sleeve only.
I have Camo pants that skeeters can't penetrate with their siphons, but give me some air (they are like mesh pants)
Rubber boots.
Face mask (two types depending on how hot it is)
Light pair of gloves.

Orange camo snowmobile suit and heavy snow boots for up north
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

Next

Return to General Discussions