Brock Lesnar faces hunting charges...

The latest news from Deer & Deer Hunting magazine!
Jslotter

Brock Lesnar faces hunting charges...

Postby Jslotter » Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:49 pm

MEDICINE HAT, Alberta (AP) -- Ultimate fighting champion and Minnesota native Champion Brock Lesnar has been charged in Canada with three deer-hunting violations.

Fish and Wildlife officers say Lesnar was charged Thursday with three counts of violating the Alberta Fish and Wildlife Act.

The Alexandria, Minn., native is accused of shooting a mule deer buck in southern Alberta last year but packing only the trophy head. The charges relate to leaving meat to rot, improper tagging and illegal possession of wildlife.

The 34-year-old and his guide were to appear in court in Alberta on Thursday, but the case was adjourned until Jan. 19.

A message left with Lesnar's agent Friday was not immediately returned.
I only hunt on days that end in ' Y '.

bobow

Re: Brock Lesnar faces hunting charges...

Postby bobow » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:28 pm

That is sad and reprehensible if it is all true.
Thomas Jefferson, 1774 July. "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time."

Life Member: NRA, ISRA; Member CCRA

bowhunter60

Postby bowhunter60 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:23 am

Much can be said about this issue. If true, emphasis on 'IF', Lesnar and his guide are clearly wrong. However, before passing judgement on minimal facts we should let this play out before suggesting anything.

In today's day and age, with the huge anti-hunting sentiment that exists, hunters have to consider the consequences of their actions. Unfortunately, appearances are everything, except in court. However, the court of public opinion doesn't share the same level of scrutiny thank God but the damage can still be significant.
Scott Lewis
jsl1497@gmail.com

"When the government fears the people, that is liberty. When the people fear the government, that is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

JPH

Postby JPH » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:46 am

Sorry, but it won't effect his career. At the very worst he may get what amounts to a slap on the wrist in Canada and lose some of his hunting sponsors. No big deal for Brock. Let's not confuse him with a dedicated ambassador for hunting or anything else.

MMA is a rough sport with a fan base still struggling to define itself. There are some tremendous examples of sportsmanship and honor in the business. Brian Stann, Tim Kennedy, Georges St. Pierre and Junior Dos Santos to name a few, but Dana White (UFC President), seems to prefer the "bad boy" image. Lesnar has been playing the heel since his first day in the UFC and he clearly does not give a crap about how he or his actions are viewed by the public.

Jslotter

Postby Jslotter » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:32 pm

I wonder if Scent-Away will continue to have Brock run ads for them?
I only hunt on days that end in ' Y '.

kellory

Postby kellory » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:02 am

Jslotter wrote:I wonder if Scent-Away will continue to have Brock run ads for them?

I don't know, but something smells...
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Oakarver

Postby Oakarver » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:08 pm

Update on this: http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/7373835/ufc-heavyweight-brock-lesnar-resolves-hunting-charges-canada

MEDICINE HAT, Alberta -- Former UFC heavyweight champion and professional wrestler Brock Lesnar paid a fine Tuesday to resolve hunting charges against him in Canada.

Through a defense attorney, Lesnar pleaded guilty to failing to affix a tag to a mule deer he had shot on a filmed hunt in Alberta in November 2010.

Ramona Robins, the chief crown prosecutor for Medicine Hat, Alberta, said she withdrew charges of spoilage and illegal possession of wildlife. Lesnar's guide still faces charges.

Lesnar paid a fine of $1,500 Canadian (about $1,450 US), Robins said. Lesnar, who lives in Alexandria, Minn., also is suspended from hunting in Alberta for six months.

In a statement, Lesnar said he was glad to put the matter behind him.

"It's the kind of thing that happens to hunters all the time. I want to thank the Canadian authorities for their cooperation in resolving this misunderstanding. I love Canada and I can't wait to go back to Alberta for a hunt," Lesnar said in the statement, which was released by his agent, Brian C. Stegeman of Minneapolis.

Lesnar said he had two deer tags for the trip. On the first day of the trip, Lesnar shot a mule deer. On the second day, he shot a white-tail deer.

"After I shot the mule deer, I failed to immediately tag it. As far as I was involved, that's all there is to it," Lesnar said in his statement. He noted that video from the hunt has been on the Internet for over a year.

Lesnar next fights Dec. 30 against Alistair Overeem at UFC 141 at the MGM Grand Garden in Las Vegas. He has spent 14 months away from mixed martial arts while recovering from a lower intestinal ailment.

JPH...you forgot Matt Hughes :)

He's into hunting as well btw..on that one TV/hunting show..etc: http://matt-hughes.com/

JPH

Postby JPH » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:37 am

Here is a video of the actual hunt: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 5ENyy8kbXg

Did you hear that? It was the sound of every hunting related sponsor dropping Brock Lesnar. Here's hoping Alistair Overeem drops him in their upcoming fight!

Oakarver

Postby Oakarver » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:46 pm

I doubt they'll be dropping him.....

Another story on it: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/991987-ufc-news-brock-lesnar-on-hunting-charges-i-dont-waste-my-meat

I'm not going to be surprised whichever way the fight goes..but I predict Brock wins.

JPH

Postby JPH » Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:53 pm

Keeping a convicted, and so far unapologetic, game violator as a spokesperson? Not if you want my money.

Did you watch the video? He actually makes a big deal out of claiming to have carried the head, cape and 150lbs of meat out of the canyon when that is clearly not the case on inspection of the video. Then he goes on to enter a guilty plea for doing the exact opposite.

My money is on the 'Reem.

Next

Return to Breaking News