Thermacell

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
Panman1949

Thermacell

Postby Panman1949 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:59 pm

Hope this isnt already on here somewhere, did not see it.  I see those bug repellents all over the place.  They look a little pricey but if they actually work may be worth it.  Have you used them and do they work?  How bout some feedback from those of you that know.  Thanks for all your help, Panman

GTOHunter

RE: Thermacell

Postby GTOHunter » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:37 pm

I have been using the ThermaCell for about 3 years now and it has worked really good,it takes a little while to heat up and dispense the repellent but when it does it keeps the bugs away!The butane filler last a long time but the little blue colored pads only last a few hours so be sure to get a refill kit!We just missed a sale on the ThermaCells at Cabela's...they were on sale for around $20.00 with the little holster to hold the ThermaCell on your side that you usually have to buy seperately so that was a good price with everything.Normally I've seen them listed for around $24.00 for just the ThermaCell and the starter kit.Some guys have saved the spent pads and used them later on in the season to put scent on it and use it like the ThermaScents where it heats up and sends out fresh Deer scent. 

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:36 pm

They work great . they keep the skeeters away !

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:21 pm

buy one now,go go go now
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:18 pm

Not only does the Thermacell work like it's advertised to, and work WELL, I might add, but even an old Mr. Luddite like ME can operate one, and NOT BREAK IT!!!!

THAT, is a rarity!

In fact, this is one object that I should buy SEVERAL of, because whenever the blue moon does occur when I find stuff like this that performs this well...they will  stop making it....guaranteed!
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

passin through

Postby passin through » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:34 pm

Best thing I've ever bought .... bar none.  We use em' year round they are the absolute best thing to have with you if you have to clean an ice chest full of white perch at 4a.m.  or are bow hunting on the edge of a slough
Get You One!

Panman1949

Postby Panman1949 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:41 pm

Guess that settles that!  Thank you for the input men.  Good luck this season. Panman

deerhunter713

Postby deerhunter713 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:31 am

I used one up in Canada for the first time in August.  It worked well and kept the skeeters away, but there was some odor that came from the unit.  I don't know if it was the repellent pad or what it was, but I could smell some odor and I'm not sure if I'll use it during early bow season or not for that reason.  But it did work and I was impressed by that.

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:48 am

I bought a few at $2.50 each when Eckert's was discontinuing them . Gave them away to family and friend s .........

ranwin33

Postby ranwin33 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:25 am

Yes they do work.

I also put a few drops of scent on the pad, doesn't seem to effect the bug repellant and I figure the heat will help dissipate the scent.

Next

Return to General Discussions